Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2012 ZX6R and I would like to put, at least, a slip on, on it or maybe a full exhaust. I was told by doing this the engine will run more lean, which makes sense to me.

Anyways I was told to get a PC. Now I know you can download MAPS and upload them to the PC but I don't like doing that. When I get my car tuned it's obviously a custom dyno tune.

Anyways, my question is, do I need a PC for just a slip on or was the guy trying to up sell me? I know if, on a car, you change the muffler to a higher flowing one that the O2 will feedback to the ecu to adjust fuel MAPS accordingly. Do these bikes do the same thing or is there more involved here?

Thanks for any input, guys... .and girls.

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
For a slip on, it is not necessary to have a PC or Bazzaz. It would be nice but not necessary so that guy is just trying to make a buck. Full system, get a PC and I'd get a custom dyno tune so they can put in the proper fuel adjustments.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pretty much what 2y4life said. Not necessary for just a slip on. Any thing more then that like removing the cat from the headers then get a fuel controller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts