Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand how this stuff is supposed to work. Self balancing by way of adding loose stuff inside a tire just doesn't make any sense to me.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Made me chuckle the first Dyna Beads testimonials on the home page is a Guy oofing them into a Fat Boy and stating "Wow what a difference" like you'd notice on one of those Tractors pmsl

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
I have a handful of customers who insist on them....

I am sure I have written about them before...

but nearly every tire I have ever removed that has had them installed comes off with them mostly evenly distributed around the tires interior (stuck in place mostly, until you drop the tire or jar it suddenly) and filling all the dimples in the tires interior...

Many of these same bikes I have balanced conventionally in the past and they have taken anywheres from 3/4 ounce to 2+ ounces in a certain area with any tire installed
and now...........

magic wizzardry supposedly only 1 ounce (front) of dyna beads spread ~mostly~evenly around the tires interior or two ounces in the rear is supposed to balance the tire........

I do not believe it at all and neither does my tire balancer........ that said I have ridden all of these bikes post install........ none exhibitted any signs one can notice to the rider...... through the shitty suspension and 40 lb wheel assemblies to make the rider think the wheel isn't in balance..
I think that is the ruse and why they have been successful in marketing and sales--well besides no scratches from clip on weights or glue residue remaining from tape on weights---so cosmetics and lack of feeling for the bike owners/riders

·
Registered
128 Posts
Late to the party here, I had a local guy who’s only business is motorcycle tires (for fat slow cruisers) put my supplied tire on rim on a ZRX1109 and I had terrible speed wobbles on hard acceleration after. I inquired if it was balanced looked at install etc. found out eventually it had these beads in it. Had them removed and balanced at another shop because buddy refused to deal with me and problem solved. I believe in a static speed they may shake out to the balance point, but while torque is applied the beads will be all over the bloody place causing my speed wobble.

I now have a No-Mar and static balancer and take care of my own tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts