Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This might look as a dumb question however please lighten me a little bit. I see lots of you guys recommend Q3 or Q2 tires. So I searched what could I buy and found that the Q2 is best for me (price/quality). But after some more search I found that Qualifier II and Q2 look as different tires...the grooves in the tread are different?!?
This is the Qualifier II

And this is the Q2

And the official website:
High-Performance Dunlop Motorcycle Tires
Dunlop Motorcycle - Tyres Sportmax Qualifier II

Is this the same tire just looking different in America and Europe?

Thanks!

·
Registered
865 Posts
They are different tires. The Qualifier 2 is more inline with the US Qualifier.

The Q2/3 is a sportier tire. The newer Q3 currently has a $50 rebate (if it applies outside of the US) and therefore may end up being the cheapest unless you have found the Q2 at a clearance price. I guess it depends if you are looking for a sportier (Q2/Q3) or more mileage (Qualifier).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. So it seems that the Qualifier II is for Europe as I can't find Q2 or Q3 here...
Lockey, do you have some opinion with the Qualifier II? Should I go for it or search another brand?

Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thanks, guys. So it seems that the Qualifier II is for Europe as I can't find Q2 or Q3 here...
Lockey, do you have some opinion with the Qualifier II? Should I go for it or search another brand?

Thanks!
Sorry mate no personal experience with Dunlop...yet. Iv tried various battlax models and wasn't impressed...currently on Michelin pp2cts and for fast road use their pretty good...esp in cooler weather, quite agressive profile too so bike will steer fast with them...due to them being around for a long time now their priced well too

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
From what I understand the Euro "Qualifier II" is the same tire and the U.S. "Q2". Just manufactured over there... and the Q2 (now Q3) is manufactured in the states.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Q2 isn't a good rain tire depending in where you are and how much rain you get. They improved this on the Q3 but it's still a sport tire that wears quickly. (I only get 2000-3000 out of them depending on trackdays)

Definitely get a tire based on your needs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts