Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have to many miles left on the tires...dunlop qualifiers or pirelli diabloes? what do ya think or are they so close it doesnt matter?(as it has been suggested to me by a few friends) i dont really go to a road course seeing as there arent any too close but i do somtimes ride the bike hard as im sure everyone does on occasion...just need them for everyday driving with an itchy throttle hand...thx

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i haven't personally tried the diablo's on my bike, but i've ridden my buddy's MV that had them...the backend was all kinds of squirrely. I ran some dunlops at the track, and was very impressed with them. I dunno what the price difference is, but the dunlops would get my money i think.

-:banana

·
Registered
894 Posts
No idea personally but a mate over here put the Diablo's on his Z750... They were awesome and he couldn't stop raving about them...

So he went and put a set on his 05 6R and hated them... :O

So essentially, i've been no help at all... :dowhat

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I ran a set of Diablo's (Diablo Corsa) on the TLS and liked them a lot. But I use Supercorsa's now. I haven't ridden on any Dunslops for years.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i ran pilot powers at my track day this weekend and like 90% of the ppl there ran the powers or the polit races

·
Registered
503 Posts
Diablo's are GREAT tyres. I'd go for normal Diablo's over Diablo Corsa's unless you're planning on trackday action.
Haven't used dunlops for a while but seem to remeber they had loads and loads of feel but very little actual grip! fun though.
Standard Diablos lasted me 5000 miles+ including commuting to and from work, 4 trackdays and loads of general hooning around. Great tyres, quick warm up, long lasting , great feel, good ride and loads of grip too. The perfect tyre????? they are for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alot of peep seem to be goin for the pilot powers...i havent really done much resarch on it but i dont need a race tire...the diablo corsa's for example are to much for me...dont need that...just need a good tire that will give me good miles

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have also heard that the pilot powers dont get much more than 3000 miles outta them...i need a tire to last me longer than that

·
Registered
11 Posts
My PP's lasted me till 6500miles. It's a Medium compound tire so it's not really something that'll last you through the whole year if you ride everyday. I'd say PP's would probably last around 4-6months under everyday riding. Haven't tried the qualifers or the diablos, but supposedly *don't quote me on this* the diablos could go up to about 8k miles.

IL

·
Registered
503 Posts
Diablo's lasted me AGES! Rear finally gave up after around 6500 miles, including several trackdays - at which they were ace. Great Great tyres. Awesome on the road, brilliant on track. Really don't see the need for Diablo Corsa's when these are sooooo good.
I'll be getting another pair.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I normally run diablos but at the mo I'm a bit short of cash and the bike has some third world shite that the shop shod the her with before they sold it to me. Very squirly and lots of fun. Will go back to my preferance when she needs new boots tho, or maybe, just maybe try some BT's?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so has anyone actually had tried both a regular diablo and a PP(not the ct2's)? what is the milage and perfomance comparision?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts