Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone down this? I did a search but couldnt find anything. Ideally want to do it so when the bike is off the LED flashes a
And when it's on it goes off. Without using a switch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm quite curious why you need this?

I mean, if you're good with soldering iron and have basic understanding in electronic components this can be done for couple of bucks/pounds. Something like LED driver circuit sensing current from ignition on / acc line.

But why not just install real alarm? You're from UK, bike theft over here is on it's peak at the moment. Even cheap generic ebay alarms are loud enough to deter some opportunistic yobs on mopeds from rolling your bike from drive / car park.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an alarm on the bike and it had to be taken off as it "spiked". The LED was left on so want to turn this in to a dummy LED. Bike has an immobiliser, amoung other noisey security measures. The way I look at it is if someone sees an LED not flashing they would straight away think "no alarm" where as they may think twice if they see it flashing. I get your point though.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
You would be better off having the LED powered from a disposable battery, than connected to the bike battery. Parasitic power consumption has discharged many a battery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I fitted an alarm / immobiliser / tracker to my ninja this week, was simple enough to fit (and that was it being fitted correctly, not thrown in) and it comes with an LED, plus it alerts the key fob if the bike is moved, as long as its within range (500 meters i believe it claims).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts