Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Dual Headlight Mod Pics

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MasterTurkey 
#1 ·
I used the How-To guide provided by Joker and modded my headlights. Didn't buy projectors or anything, but that will be next time. I basically followed Joker's guide to a T, except I got a little crazy with the soldering gun, shrink wrap, etc. When it was done, you couldn't even tell anything had been done by looking at the back. Big shout out to my boy Nate for basically doing most of the work, even though all I did was ask to borrow his soldering gun. Union guys who love tinkering with shit can't NOT put in work. Did things super legit.

View attachment zx6lights.bmp
View attachment zx6rlights2.bmp
View attachment zx6rlights3.bmp
View attachment zx6rlights4.bmp

#8 ·
yea i can only see the pics on my phone too. did you upload them using any type of Forum app?

also the build looks really good. I dont have the time for that type of mod, but i really dig the idea. maybe when its stored for the winter ill start looking for time wasting projects. :)

hell, i should have like 8 months. lmao Cleveland weather SUX!
Honestly, one night (less than an hour) to take the nose off. Then one afternoon (3 hours before dinner) to solder, shrink wrap, wire, etc. Then (less than an hour) put the nose back, and the rest of the fairings back on. Not really an 8 month ordeal. BUT I understand where you are coming from... for some, 2 nights without a bike is two nights too long. As it is, those where the days traffic hella sucked. Typical!

Also, total cost less than 60 bucks. Bulbs 40 bucks, relay from pep boys 10 bucks. Cheap, easy, done deal. :D:

#5 ·
Thanks ya'll. It was quite an undertaking. Soldering and shrink wrap took about 2-3 hours time. But if you don't need to be perfect, it should take less. I also scratched up the inside of the housing pretty bad 'cus I dropped the metal piece a few times when trying to wrench it out. I would suggest doing what Joker said and just using a heat gun to remove the front face and taking it out that way. I also blew a fuse right off the bat, so have a spare fuse handy.

Next time I'm doing the projectors HID and painting the housing black, *stray towel or something-or-rather has a good write up on another forum. I got my *new ideas from a dude on IG who got his from that stray towel guy. That dude's 636 is HELLA legit. Best looking 636 on the internet man. Str8 up.

#6 ·
yea i can only see the pics on my phone too. did you upload them using any type of Forum app?

also the build looks really good. I dont have the time for that type of mod, but i really dig the idea. maybe when its stored for the winter ill start looking for time wasting projects. :)

hell, i should have like 8 months. lmao Cleveland weather SUX!

#7 ·
I was thinking about doing this mod. But i love to mess with people when they tell me i am running popped eye. Did you tint the lenses blue?

#9 ·
Ya, I was sick of the "you have a head light out bit"... mostly it's from people who don't ride though. And no, does the light look blue? Could be the bulbs... or there is a clear plastic protector on the lights from the previous owner, and honestly he "blued" out the whole thing. There was a puig blue windscreen, blue bolts, the bike WAS blue, and the pegs (which are still blue, that's another project. Gonna primer black the whole rear sets, and re-do the heel guards)... SO, maybe the lens film cover thingy is a blue tint, I reckon I can/will pull that B*tch off tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.