Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been trying to convert my 04 Ninja 636 into a street fighter. I purchased the dual domanator headlight which is 2 H4 lamps so both are low and high beam compared to the stock one for low one for high. The problem is that when I turn on my high beams it blows the fuse for my headlights. I've done a little looking around and it appears I need a headlight relay but I know nothing about them or if I am correct in looking for this part.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Check your wiring for shorts. The fuse is blowing for a reason. Run the entire length down the harness and look for blown out or exposed wiring. Check your connections for the same and consider cleaning electrical connections as well. Q tip with some rubbing alcohol to try to lift some dirt or debris off them. And then check the headlights make sure theres no exposed wires or bad connections or where exposed wires are touching other metal parts or wires.

As far as I understand it, a headlight relay is nothing more than a connection that takes your separate headlights wires and runs it into the main wiring harness or to the battery as one connection or at least fewer connections. I don't see what relevance it would have to blown fuses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts