Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Dropping the ZX-6

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  hexstylee 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am 5"2 and have been riding my cbr250r for the past two years. I have decided to upgrade to the 2014 ZX-6r. I obviously had my 250 lowered but can I expect the same sort of drop in the zx-6? The riding positions are totally different. The CBR is very upright while the latter is the opposite. I know when I sat on the stock ZX-6 I was literally on my tip-toes.

#2 ·
I'm on my toes as well, but I usually only put my left foot down when stopping. That way you can slide to the side a little on the seat and get more of your foot on the ground. You can lower it, but it will affect they way it corners/rides and handles.

#4 ·
At 5'2" you will definitely need to lower the bike more than an inch.

Also be prepared to have aching wrists because the seating position is drastically different.

I know a guy ego lowered his zx three inches. It's incredible hoe small his bike looks compared it mine.

#6 ·
This may sound weird, but add 1/2"-1" to your boot soles. I know a lot of ducati riders that cannot deal with the 31" seat height. That seems to work for a lot of riders.

#9 ·
Im sure you would be fine lowering it to the point of being comfortable at a stop, just a matter of setting up your suspension to compensate for the travel. The seating position is a little more forgiving on the 2013 than the 2012 although it is still track oriented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.