Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I decided to take the bike out tonight. I was flipping a U-turn and someone had spilled a bunch of white rock on the road and my lights didn't shine on it until it was to late. It wasn't bad but I scratched the right side fairing a bit and scuffed the mirror housing slightly, and knicked the bar end and brake lever end very mildly. I'm guessing about 200-300 to get fixed and painted nicely. I have been riding for about 4 years and this is the first bike out of 3 I have dropped. Sucks, so much for the PCIII I was going to order. I don't think I'll even claim it on my insurance.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
:doh but at least you weren't hurt. Patch it up and get back out there. Might wanna adjust the headlights too:)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Can everyone please stop dropping their bikes! :confused

Sorry to hear mate...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is going in to get some estimates Monday. I was out riding minutes after it happened. It's not bad and easily fixable just kinda crushing to think it is only 1 and 1/2 months old. I did race my buddies 2000 ZX12R later in the night from a 20 roll. I stayed about 1 1/2 bikes behind him to 130 :D That was my only good news of the night lol. He pulled after about 110.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

can't notice it from this angle but I'll post the rest later showing damage.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damage Pics

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It goes in tuesday to get the panel repainted. It looks a bit worse in person unfortunatly. Then I am either buying racerails or sliders on monday. Not sure if I will replace the mirror yet they are $80. I want it in show condition because I am ordering a race body for track use.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
suckle-age

sorry to hear it.

it seems like they should come with sliders from the factory

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
hey man, at least u weren't riding at ~140 or so and get hit by a tractor trailer coming the opposite direction on the interstate that happened to jump the median without losing speed, and survive and then have to be in the hospital for almost 3 years and then 10 years later finally get back on a bike (with mostly robotic man-parts) and happen to be going around a corner right when some caribou were grazing on some weeds that had grown up through some cracks in ur lane just because some lazy construction worker didnt feel like patching a few places he missed with the pre-cement tar stuff and as you go around the corner, dodge the grazing caribou with serious skill and then have a squirl launch itself into ur spokes a little down the road because he (or she) thought there were some "goods" in there, and then get thrown into a bottomless pit and fall for so long that you starve to death.

damn caribou.

relax peeps, im not being not unserious, i think.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey man, at least u weren't riding at ~140 or so and get hit by a tractor trailer coming the opposite direction on the interstate that happened to jump the median without losing speed, and survive and then have to be in the hospital for almost 3 years and then 10 years later finally get back on a bike (with mostly robotic man-parts) and happen to be going around a corner right when some caribou were grazing on some weeds that had grown up through some cracks in ur lane just because some lazy construction worker didnt feel like patching a few places he missed with the pre-cement tar stuff and as you go around the corner, dodge the grazing caribou with serious skill and then have a squirl launch itself into ur spokes a little down the road because he (or she) thought there were some "goods" in there, and then get thrown into a bottomless pit and fall for so long that you starve to death.

damn caribou.

relax peeps, im not being not unserious, i think.
Your crazy bro hahahaha

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 45 Posts