1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Don't buy Chinese shit for something that sees a lot of stress like a brake pedal. Buy quality OEM. That Chinese shit brakes, rusts, or isn't machined properly. They do not have quality control. Buy it once OEM or buy it multiple times Chinese but either way you spend the same amount of money. I had a Chinese brake lever almost KILL me.

As far as the crash, glad you're ok but just don't throw you're hands up and blame the dirt. Every crash is your fault. I don't say that to be facetious, I say that because if you don't look at it that way, you don't learn anything. What else could you have done? Look through the turn more? Lower speed? Not use as much brake? There has to be something you can look at to improve for next time but you don't improve anything if you just throw your hands up and blame a dirt patch. :)

Hope you get the bike up fast!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I was able to buy a single mirror off a member on here...look around the classifieds first before you spend money on two when you only need one. If not, those are super cheap so I'm sure you're fine either way.

·
Registered
201 Posts
While you're spending money on mirrors I'd spend a little extra and try and find some 2013+ mirrors that actually have a stop when you unfold them unlike the 2009-2012 mirrors. Also I don't know about you but I'd chance the rear brake pedal that you posted to save some money. Everyones alway knocking chinese blah blah blah. It's only your rear brake so it's not going to make the difference between life or death and if it breaks well you can still buy two of those for less than what the dealer would charge you for 1. Personally though I'd look for some used stock rearsets to buy off someone who upgraded to some aftermarkets.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
^ This. I was going to say the same thing about the mirrors. Get a set of used 2013+ mirrors. They are a direct fit, and they are much better with the home position.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Go oem on the mirrors I've heard many horror stories of shitty ebay mirrors or ditch those fucked and get some bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Been there done that, I feel your pain. hopefully you'll get riding again soon.
I've bought acouple of bits and pieces of eBay over the years never had any troubles with them. I'm not condoning it of course it's always better to buy a reputable brand when possible.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
always go slow the first few weeks of spring. here in PA the roads are littered with gravel leftover from salting in the winter. Went out on my enduro the other day hit a patch of gravel going into a turn, luckily i was going slow enough because i know the turns are still covered in gravel, didnt have an issue. Sounds like you are near the shore. I was just up in Connecticut for easter. Awful roads near the coast, sand piled up about an inch thick on the sides and middle of the roads, a good coating on the road to make a car washout if they were going too fast around the bend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
always go slow the first few weeks of spring. here in PA the roads are littered with gravel leftover from salting in the winter. Went out on my enduro the other day hit a patch of gravel going into a turn, luckily i was going slow enough because i know the turns are still covered in gravel, didnt have an issue. Sounds like you are near the shore. I was just up in Connecticut for easter. Awful roads near the coast, sand piled up about an inch thick on the sides and middle of the roads, a good coating on the road to make a car washout if they were going too fast around the bend.
Just moved to MA, first time ride in MA . Lesson learnt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts