Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first post...

So I just got my first bike a 2000 zx6r.... i laid it down going less than 15 mph due to some mud on the side of the road (post-storm conditions), no big deal there are frame sliders on it and it has a few scratches on the lower left fairing anyway.

weird thing is, the bike didn't start after this incident. i figured it got swamped or something i had no idea, but the next day it still didn't start. i googled the problem, searched some threads and everyone said replace the battery... i replaced the battery and it starts...

so the question/point i have is what does the bike getting laid down have to do with the battery dying (is this really a cause and effect relationship???) i feel like the battery dying is a chance thing, but could the bike sliding a foot or two at such slow speed really "kill" the battery? no one seemed to bring this point up on other forums related to the issue....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perhaps... when i bought my first car in high school the battery died shortly thereafter but i didn't crash it beforehand! maybe batteries really don't like me...

·
Registered
38 Posts
The only thing I can begin to imagine is when the bike was on its side the cells in the battery might have gotten messed up? No idea but that is weird and I havent heard of that before.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
when i bought my BRAND new car in highschool i was at the dealer every other week getting a new battery...

they dont like me either =(

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
just sounds like bad luck with the battery thang.. Never heard of a battery dying when ya lay the bike over

·
Registered
553 Posts
well, if it's a 2000 model bike then the battery could have been old to start with. Most times if a bike falls over it will have difficulty starting, so I'm guessing you killed the battery trying to get it started again....but that's just a guess. Hope you came out ok in all this!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i'm fine, the bike is fine, new battery is working awesome so it's all good, it was probably a good investment. yeah the battery was definitely under a bit of stress so i guess it just died....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts