Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I have raced straight line around but not at the straight track yet. Any timeslips or pointers on a goodlaunch with this bike yet? I am going to a huge cruise event this next week so I figured I would take the bike out once to the track. :D

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
need to no more info on the bike, like setup, gearing, suspension, tires and rider weight, all these things will help us to get u setup good at the track when u go

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Factory out of the box settings.

BTW I weigh 190lbs.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
first step would be to set the sag on the bike. then prolly stiffen things up a bit on the rebound and compression...but that's more trial and error. i'd try a few clicks (maybe 5 or so) out from totally stiff...and work your way from there. only chance on at a time though when fine tuning or you'll go mad second guessing yourself.

lower tire pressure, usually the track tire guy will have a good PSI to try for the day's weather. i usually run around 31/28psi.

and the rest is practice, practice, practice. push your limits, but do so with baby steps. leave your ego in the paddock, and listen to other's advice. And if you feel like you're hitting a wall on your progress, ask a control rider to go out with you, and critique your lines and body position. Also photos of you going around a corner can really show bad habits. I learned a ton about cornering from just looking at photos of myself going around the track.

most importantly, HAVE FUN! :thumbup

-:banana

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly I am just asking for solid launch advice lol. I may not get alot of runs in so I want good ones lol.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
a front end strap will be your best bet, and try to launch the bike till the bike wants to wheelie off the line and then back up till u most feel comfortable at, good luck and be safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts