Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Dr. X Extreme Tailight installed yesterday. It's so awesome it's almost squidly. There is some serious poser value to this thing. Unfortunately my Scorpion Hi Mount ate the ability to mount normal blinkers on my rear so it was an intergrated or coming up with a solution (Read: Thinking). So naturally, I went with the intergrated. First things first, this thing is BRIGHT. I mean, you are seeing about 12 LED's in your vision for 20 minutes if you look at the thing. The blue LED's in the corner are ghey, very bright but look kinda nice. You can switch them off my just hitting the brake 3 times. Nifty. My programming thing doesnt seem to work though (Cos it's second hand probably) so I have to manually turn them off everytime I start her up. It does all other sorts of crazy shit I'll never use, too.

Installation was easy as but now I have a problem. I also got the Dr. X flasher relay cos it was pretty cheap and I am lazy. Now, when I turn the blinkers on the rear are going slower than the front so after a few blinks they are completely out of sync. Before the flasher relay I had hyper front blinkers and normal rears. Why is this? I'm a bit worried about the negative thingie because I have both the PCIII and the Tailight piggybacking each other on the ground terminal of my battery. Is this why? Someone help me out please, I asked the same question on Kawiforums and all I got was tumbleweeds.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wouldnt think that using the same negative to the battery would have anything to do with the issue your having. I'm not sure what it's called or where you can get it but when I installed my undertail on the TLR the instructions said that you could buy a flasher module thing that would keep your blinker from flashing at a fast rate when using LED's instead of oem bulbs. I think that may be your problem for the most part, I have no idea why the rear isn't blinking at the same rate as the front though. I'll see if I can find the part that I'm talking about and I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has a flasher module installed, that's why I'm thinking it's a power drain of some sort.

The fronts are just normal bulbs.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hmm, I dont know then. Damn, and I was feeling smart for a second there!!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The two grounds on the battery wont be a problem.

I doubt if you'll be able to fix the sync problem. From what you're describing, it sounds like the integrated signals don't react instantly to the flash input. Both the front and the rear will be getting power at the same instant, just the intergrator isn't doing the indicator thing instantly. :dunno

(The normal front bulbs are flashing at a near normal rate with the DrX?)

Oh yeah, looks great :thumbup

·
Registered
584 Posts
Looks very nice, the LED's will be difficult to sync with the incandescent bulbs due to the extreme resistance difference and the speed difference. LED's react much faster. I had the same problems with my last setup and everybody does. Crashtd's idea is the best way I can think of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts