Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, just installed a quick action throttle on my 2017 and its made the throttle action really 'heavy' for want of a better word, like its more of a struggle to twist.

Do all quick action throttles do this in your guys experience on the zx6r? wondering if its been installed wrong or i've bought a duff brand...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the motion pro rev2 and it's not "heavy" but it does have a some additional resistance. Does it snap back really quick? That is by design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
356 Posts
I've actually never installed one on any of my bikes, but it makes sense to me that you're changing the leverage ratio of the throttle tube/cable actuation, so it should be a bit "stiffer" than stock.

Neil

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I have the motion pro rev2 and it's not "heavy" but it does have a some additional resistance. Does it snap back really quick? That is by design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Would look at cable routing and return rate.

·
Registered
13,111 Posts
Alright guys, just installed a quick action throttle on my 2017 and its made the throttle action really 'heavy' for want of a better word, like its more of a struggle to twist.

Do all quick action throttles do this in your guys experience on the zx6r? wondering if its been installed wrong or i've bought a duff brand...
The bigger spool will require slightly longer throttle cables..... Did you adjust the length of both to compensate?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it snaps back really quick, it just requires alot more effort to pull open the throttle.

Same here. Would look at cable routing and return rate.
All looks good to me tbh, got it installed by a mechanic and the throttle springs back quick.

The bigger spool will require slightly longer throttle cables..... Did you adjust the length of both to compensate?
yes the kit came with supplied cables plenty of length.

I'm starting to suspect that the QA throttle i bought isn't much good. Its brand is 'active' made in japan apparently.

I'm gonna try a different brand to see if it is that...

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
My Motion Pro is decent and would recommend them.

Do have a question on the movement going open.
If you put a mark on the END of the throttle tube (horizontally) say 3 to 9 o'clock then rotate to full open where does the marks end up.

Or put another way, how much rotation to go from full closed to full open.

·
Registered
21 Posts

when you say heavy are you referring to the initial twist from fully closed. For example your throttle is closed because you have lean angle going on and then corner starts to open up so you are getting the bike slowly straight up and beginning to open the throttle. That initial opening effort is that the heaviness you are referring to? If that is it mine does it too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts