Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running -1+2 on my 99ZX6R obviously i know My speedo is out but this speedo healer thing I keep hearin about......will it work on my 99 and how does it work?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
What's the standard amount of teeth front and rear on your bike? I can calculate the error.

The speedo healer only works on electronically driven speedo's, it wont work on cable driven ones (and typically they come off the front wheel so gearing changes doesn't affect them).

It alters the frequency the speedo 'sees' by adding or subtracting pulses. If the speedo sees the target x times / second the healer can change that to y times per second (hz) and the speedo will display an accurate speed.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Stock @ 15 /43 = 2.866:1
New = 14 / 45 = 3.214:1

That's a 12.1% increase (2.866 + 12.1% = 3.214). But the change is: 3.214 - 10.8% = 2.866:1 which is OEM. You can buy a speedo healer with a ready made loom so it's just a matter of plugging it in. No need to spice etc.

Time to push a sponsor that looks after us. They gave us a great price on the raffle goodies etc. Todd @ www.calsportbike.com will fix you up :thumbup http://www.calsportbike.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?cart_id=3772572.9921&pid=800&count=1 be sure to tell him you came via here :)

:doh
The 2005-up ZX6R/RR takes the "universal" splicing kit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
recall my top speed?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Push a button and the speedo will jump to the highest speed the healer recorded.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the other linky works though

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts