Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total cost: $33 (Leds from superbrightleds) and i only used half of the LED's so the true cost is about $16.
everything else was salvaged from the existing fender. There is a bracket in the original fender that is PERFECT for mounting the license plate to the underside. I think it looks much cleaner now and the LED's are very bright. :cool3:

fender1.JPG fender2.jpeg

fender3.jpeg fender4.jpeg

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I like it. I did kinda the same thing but used my fender to mount the oe blinkers and mounted my tag just like yours with that black bracket.
How did wire the leds and where did you route the wire through?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it. I did kinda the same thing but used my fender to mount the oe blinkers and mounted my tag just like yours with that black bracket.
How did wire the leds and where did you route the wire through?
i used a crimp connection to connect the LED to the existing wire for the indicators, so i could use the same clip that existed before. i drilled a small hole in the rear fender on both sides to route the LED cable through, then crimp connected the wires inside the fender. hope that makes sense, i really should have taken pictures as a step by step. once i took the back end apart, it all looked (and ended up being) extremely simple to accomplish.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Im sure i can do it. Might do it tomorrow after i peel my stickers off.
Do the leds have adhesive? I know the one i used for my tag light started coming off so i used gorilla glue to make it permanent

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
here in VA that plate is a automatic pull over and any other ticket the cop can give you, like checking for DOT on the lights and shit like that. They dont like them bent over or the make u bend over ^.^

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here in VA that plate is a automatic pull over and any other ticket the cop can give you, like checking for DOT on the lights and shit like that. They dont like them bent over or the make u bend over ^.^
i'm going to angle it more down so it's not so thrown back, but for the most part, if you can see the license plate from 10' back you're good to go in texas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Total cost: $33 (Leds from superbrightleds) and i only used half of the LED's so the true cost is about $16.
everything else was salvaged from the existing fender. There is a bracket in the original fender that is PERFECT for mounting the license plate to the underside. I think it looks much cleaner now and the LED's are very bright. :cool3:

View attachment 14987 View attachment 14988

View attachment 14989 View attachment 14990
With my cousins help i got something similar to yours.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts