Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
There are very few diferences other then the 37cc's. The RR also has a slipper clutch, which is great on the track, but not needed on the street. Even on the track 75% of us probobly would not ride hard enough to notice a difference. (slipper clutch prevents rear wheel hop under hard braking)

the RR also has an adjustable swingarm pivot, in this case, 99.99999% of us would ever know the difference if between the adjustments.

Both those features are there for the professional racers, not us on the street, or even track days..

The 6RR is more expensive for a couple reasons, its limited production, and has those extra features.

As for insurance, it depends on the company, call around and see if the 636 would put you in a different bracket or not.

The RR is not as fast as the 636 in stock form, but it was never intended to be. The RR was made for the track, and has a race kit available which makes it a good deal quicker. You most likely won't be able to find a race kit though, all the race teams picked those up quickly..

I don't know the quarter mile times offhand, but they are within a couple tenths of a second of eachother. The 636 is the quickest of any 03 600 class bike.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It has a different (lighter cam) for easier turns, has different head, and titanium valves i believe. It also has a 13:9:1 compression ratio. Crank is the same as 636. Also the rear and front shocks are different. And the RR's wheelbase is a 1/2 inch longer.

·
Registered
964 Posts
:dowhat

The swing arm pivot was not on the 05/06's

Both the 636 and RR have slipper clutchs in 05/06
The heads on the RR are ported and polished, The suspension is different.. The 636 has chrome sliders in the forks, the RR has gold sliders, the rear shock on the RR has more adjustment, the break lines on the RR are stiffer then on the 636, the RR has a redline of 16500, and the 636 is like 15,500, compression ratio on the rr is 13.9.1, the RR has a close ration tranny, the rake and trail on the RR is 25.5 degrees/109mm and the 636 is 25 degrees/106mm, the RR has a mounting point welded to the side of the frame for a steering damper and the 636 does not..I think thats about it.. :laugh

As far as I can tell most of the internal motor parts are the same.. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
The RR forks are gold cause they are coated with a chemical that allows fluid movement and no sticking, forgot what it was called though.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
what number is urs H20-50 and how much do they make each year? and h20 and crotch y did u guys get a rr and not a 636?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I like to be different.. and the 636 are a dime a dozen..:laugh

I like smaller bike's too, its fun passing people who think they need a big bike to be fast..

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i want a RR but i could find any locally so i said for get it and i got a Green 636 but it will be differnent when i am done with it

·
Registered
257 Posts
My 05 is # 337

The reason I got an rr is mainly because of impatience. I wanted a 636, but the dealership only had a RR, i did some research that day and the power wasnt that much different, it handled better and the advantage of adding mods and have a greater outcome than the 636 got me. Im glad i got what i did, im never in between gears in traffic, it has plenty of power, but sometimes especially on the highway longer gears would be nicer. But no regrets here!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so neither of you got it because it was green? i had a riding buddy who did that :laugh Of course he could swear he could tell the difference between the swingarm pivot points, etc, too. :lol

-:banana

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
does the top speed differ on the rr and the 636 which is higher? and how does the rr make more power in the long run h20?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I actually wanted a BLACK bike when I bought mine.. I was having a hard time choosing between the CBR600RR all black and the zx.. I absolutely HATED the green at first.. but after a few rides, it grew on me.. :laugh

·
Registered
964 Posts
as far as top speeds...:O I dunno.. who cares about that anyways? ( I can break all speed limits just in first gear 90MPH, thats pretty damn fast for a 600 in first)

The RR Benifits ALOT power wise with the KIT Racing ECU, 10 hp just putting it on the bike.. and get a full akro, from the dyno charts on there web pages I wanna say they are making 119 HP...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
not to be rude, i dont care about the top speed i was just asking cuz of the differnet gearing so i thought the top speed on the rr would be lower? just curious. so a 636 with the same work cant make 119?

·
Registered
257 Posts
does the top speed differ on the rr and the 636 which is higher? and how does the rr make more power in the long run h20?
The higher compression ration and the different heads and cams. Im not saying that it will put out more power than a 636 but every mod ands more power to a RR than it does on the 6r I.E. Kit ECU rr-10-12hp
6r- 6-8hp
Wouldn't a more track oriented bike have a shorter wheelbase? :O
You would think so but wider is better, i guess:O

1 - 20 of 30 Posts