Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Every one,

I got the doe and i am ready to go and buy a new ZX6r. At first i was thining to get a 2009 as it would cost me $8000 OTD where as a 2011 would cost me $10500 OTD here in Charlotte NC. But one sales person told he that 2011 has 8 more HP compared to 2009. Is that ture?

I am a average street rider, do not intend to go to the track any time sooner or at all. Does 8 HP mean any thing to me or saving $2500 makes more sense!

Help me out!

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
the colors are really the only difference and howdy from jacksonville but i would go with an 09 they are cheaper and the sales man is wrong kawi hasnt come out with a new 6r platform yet

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
welcome ya that dealer is trying to pull your leg unless the 11 comes with upgrades thats the only way i can see it haven 8 more horsepower then the 09

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Every one,

I got the doe and i am ready to go and buy a new ZX6r. At first i was thining to get a 2009 as it would cost me $8000 OTD where as a 2011 would cost me $10500 OTD here in Charlotte NC. But one sales person told he that 2011 has 8 more HP compared to 2009. Is that ture?

I am a average street rider, do not intend to go to the track any time sooner or at all. Does 8 HP mean any thing to me or saving $2500 makes more sense!

Help me out!
You answered your own question right there. Unless you are buying this bike to go racing an 8 hp increase is not going to do a thing for you. Besides as far as I understand the only difference from 09-11 is stickers and paint. I just bought me an 09 instead of an 11 it was less money and it looks better.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Stick with 09. So much cheaper. :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
The is no difference between 2009, 2010, or 2011 ZX6R other than the color options. The 8hp is a salesman trying to sell you on the 11 and is lying. Or he's mistaken and he's thinking about a 08 vs 11

Also try and see if you can get the 09 cheaper. I got my 09 for $7k last yr and it was brand new, no miles, just out of the crate. So I would get whoever is selling the 09 for $8k is asking too much IMO

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
You answered your own question right there. Unless you are buying this bike to go racing an 8 hp increase is not going to do a thing for you. Besides as far as I understand the only difference from 09-11 is stickers and paint. I just bought me an 09 instead of an 11 it was less money and it looks better.
Werd. Make sure it hasn't been sitting on the floor for a really really long time. Good Luck.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Like everyone else has said, the only difference is colors. Plus Kawasaki lowered the price on the 2011 to $9999. Your salesman is completely uniformed or is dishonest.

BTW- I would definitely go with the 09.

Okay just realized those were out the door prices. I would still try to get the 09 for a little lower. I got mine OTD a year and a half ago for 7800 with 3 year extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I got my 09 in just as the 2010's were coming out and i paid 7200. I'm pretty sure the only diff between the 09-10 and the 11 is that the upper headlight fairing on the 2011 is one piece instead of two.

·
Registered
434 Posts
welcome no diff just colors my friend go with 09 if the price is right

·
Registered
929 Posts
No power difference

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
We have ourself a lying as s dealer here. If I were u, I would buy my bike from a different dealership.

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
But one sales person told he that 2011 has 8 more HP compared to 2009. Is that ture?
go tell that sales person so drop dead. only difference is colors. literally.

·
Registered
434 Posts
walk back to the dealer make him prove it to you ask him for the specs and print a copy from home to slap in his face to see his reaction

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my 09 in just as the 2010's were coming out and i paid 7200. I'm pretty sure the only diff between the 09-10 and the 11 is that the upper headlight fairing on the 2011 is one piece instead of two.
$7200 for a 09, WOW give me name of your dealer!!!

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
ya i got my 2009 zx6r with 0.0 miles for $8000 from my dealer.

also, oats, what do you mean the upper headlight fairing is one piece instead of two?! mine is one piece... did yours break? :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any one From North Carolina?

Thank you every one for your input. I really appreciate all the comments and i am glad i joined zx6r.com

Any one from North Carolina here. I am just wondering how much they paid for their bike?

Problem is that most dealers dont give price quotes on the phone and its just not possible to go and visit a few of them before you can figure out what is the best price!

Come to think of it, does any one know how much a dealer is usually making on a bike , Charlotte Motor Sport gave me a $10,126 OTD for 2011 and 8800 OTD for 2009. I dont know how good the price is but friendly bunch of guys they are.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Check and see if Kawi is offering dealers cash back to get the older bikes off the floor. I got my 08 ZX-10 for $8,200 OTD last spring. Kawi was giving the dealer $2,000 cash back to sell the older bike.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts