Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So yesterday, on my way home from a soccer game, I had an experience. Aside from a couple incidents here and there throughout life, this was probably one of the worst situations any other driver has ever put me in. Here's how it went:

I was on a 4 lane divided road (55mph speed limit so everyone does between 60 and 65) at the point where it turned into a regular two lane road. It takes about 50 yards for the left lane to completely disappear and it happens during a left hand turn (not too tight, can easily do it at 60 in any vehicle ever).

I was rolling along in the right lane about 10 yards before the left lane completely disappeared (so the left lane is probably only about 3ft wide at this point, if that). Some woman in a PT Cruiser had been hugging right behind me for almost a mile with plenty of opportunities to pass if she wanted (there was almost nobody else on the road). It is at this point, with about 10 yards left of the other lane, that she decides to try to pass me. I noticed imediately and let her know that I didn't appreciate it with the use of my horn assuming that it wasn't that big of a deal because she would just use some of the oncoming lane to get past me...nope :no

She didn't like my horn and decided that she would start moving over into me. I didn't want to hit my brakes or slow down too much because we were in a turn. There is a large shoulder to use, but it's currently filled with lots of shit from the recently melted snow. By the grace of God, I managed to get onto the shoulder a bit and get behind her without losing the bike, but it seriously was God taking the lead there (or luck or fate or whatever if you aren't a religious person, I guess) because I had no way to control where the gravel/sand/shit was and no time to try to find a good path through it.

Anyway, I was pretty pissed after this and even though she was speeding HEAVILY, I followed her (with the intent of following her all the way home). As it turned out, she made it so much easier for me - she lived right on that main road just about a mile before where I would have to turn off to go home. So when she put on her blinker and turned into her driveway, I pulled over to the side of the road and pulled out my phone. She made things much too easy for me because she stopped at the end of the driveway and got out of the car to get her mail.

With my phone out, I let her know that she should think twice before running someone off the road, told her to say cheese, pretended to take a picture, told her it would go out to some strategic friends, made a little finger gun (mimed shooting) at her and rode off.

I obviously didn't take a picture and have no intention of bringing any harm to her at all, but it seemed like a decent way to put a little fear in her and make her think the next time she tries to kill someone.

So back to the original question, did I go too far? I kinda feel bad about what I did, but not that bad because she really could have caused me to have a pretty terrible accident. What do you guys think? :O

Edit: Please see some of my later comments and posts for further clarification of a few things

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Oh boy, in today's society I wouldn't be surprised if she calls an all out manhunt for "the biker threatening her life after she made a completely reasonable pass."

I woulda went up to her when she got out of the car and asked her what the actual fuck she was doing trying to pass you in her PT Loser. Gave her a little chat and if she was a bitch, then maybe I'd do the picture thing, but idk about the gun thing lol

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Sorry. Your post is too long. Do you have any cliff notes?...lol.

Ok. Yeah i think you went a lite far with the finger gun pointing. I would have just
Left it at telling her to watch what she was doing. Then I would ask her out on at date, then I would fuck her like crazy.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Did you not say anything to her?

That is such a brazen act on the part of that woman that nearly nothing you do would be 'going too far'. I normally flip people off at the bare-minimum end of the scale. At least the horn.

The thing is you could have crashed and got seriously hurt. Most motorists simply have no understanding of how hard it is to ride a motorcycle, and we should do as much as we can to make sure they get it. I'd have tried to explain to her just the potential consequences of her actions.

PS: Not too sure about the gun thing. Hopefully, it worked on her!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah bro.

You just cant throw i'll murder you chat out there now.

YOud get less time in the UK if you actually put the head on her and broke her jaw than saying im gonna kill you ha.

But nah you were ok

if it was a guy id of punched him.

I heard about a guy at my mates work who rides. He get these little like bolt things from work and if anyone gives him shit on the road just flicks it back at like 70mph so it hits off the bonnet of the car and he zooms off.

I didnt ask how/where he keeps them but sounds a good idea

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Should have just pulled up behind her and called the police and let her deal with that hassle. There can't possibly be a better revenge than making someone talk to a cop for 1/2 hour.

No offense to cops but I haven't had many conversations with them voluntarily.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I left a note in her mailbox later explaining why what she did was INCEDIBLY dangerous and that she could have killed me. I don't want her just scared, I want her to not ever do it again...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm all for giving someone a hand gesture as a sort of; WTF but, the point of following someone home I just don't see. The only way I can see following someone home is if you got of your bike and beat the shit out of whomever it may be (NOT SAYING THAT IS RIGHT, OR SOMETHING THAT ANYONE SHOULD DO) I just don't see how that whole situation really benefited anything. People like that don't normally change their ways, mostly because they believe that YOU are in the wrong. No matter what they did.

And as far as the finger gun; YOU could potentially get into trouble for that. All it takes is for her to get your plate number when you rode away and then you have a distraught suburban mom/house wife/single lady that calls the cops scared because a biker threatened her -- she'll win that case anywhere.

Then there is the flip side of things. She doesn't know if you truly do have friends that can make that happen BUT neither do you. For all you know she could be the wife/girlfriend/squeeze of the head of some major crime organization. You just don't know. Then in that case; all she does is get your plate number and HER strategic friends find you.

I just don't think its worth it; in any scenario. Just my $0.02, though.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The gin thing yay little over board that said I would've probably gone overboard to I definitely would have bitched her out and hope and had self control to leave it at that

·
Registered
234 Posts
HAHAHAHA thats a pretty ineresting story Nitrus. IMO you did not take it too far, shes freaking crazy!! What did she say?? Did she even apologize?

A bit out of topic i had a soccer game yesterday too, on the ride back I found out you can put the passanger foot pegs down lay down on the tank with one foot (or feet) on the back pegs and just straight up chill laying down in the highway avoiding all the wind lol Probly not the smartest or safest thing to do by far but its something new i ddnt know about lol. I wont be doing it often but id though id share it?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Though I understand why you were upset, you legally went way to far by threatening her life. Better hope she didn't get your plate.

In the cops eyes you followed a woman home and then threatened her life. Legally you screwed up.

Oh, then you left a note in her mailbox confirming her story. Way to help her potential case.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Never stop and bitch at someone. A friends dad did it didn't even yell at someone he followed to a parking lot and they got his liscense number when he left. Called police and he got a ticket for road rage. You're better off talking to an officer and having them do the talking

·
Registered
422 Posts
Never stop and bitch at someone. A friends dad did it didn't even yell at someone he followed to a parking lot and they got his liscense number when he left. Called police and he got a ticket for road rage. You're better off talking to an officer and having them do the talking
This. Never threaten anyone.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Though I understand why you were upset, you legally went way to far by threatening her life. Better hope she didn't get your plate.

In the cops eyes you followed a woman home and then threatened her life. Legally you screwed up.

Oh, then you left a note in her mailbox confirming her story. Way to help her potential case.
^^ This. I think you're really screwed. If she called the cops they will most definitely put out a bulletin for a green bike and plate (xxxx).

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I don't remember reading that he threatened to kill her :O

Video evidence or it didn't happen :p . That goes for her story too. Anyone can say anything about anyone. There is no evidence.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I don't remember reading that he threatened to kill her :O

Video evidence or it didn't happen :p . That goes for her story too. Anyone can say anything about anyone. There is no evidence.
"Finger gun" is considered a death threat plus he told her the picture would go to some "strategic friends". How is there no evidence when he left a note in her mailbox?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
"Finger gun" is considered a death threat plus he told her the picture would go to some "strategic friends". How is there no evidence when he left a note in her mailbox?
The only evidence the letter is, is that she must have done something wrong to prompt the guy to write it. That doesn't happen for no reason, and the finger gun is pure speculation. The interpretation is pure opinion and would never hold up in court. I shoot my friends with a finger gun all the time, so it's no death threat :O

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
He definitely made a pretty hefty mistake depending on whether or not she called the cops. In her situation I certainly would have which is ironic considering her idiocy instigated the entire thing and she somehow became the victim which is a travesty.

That said, he most certainly made a death threat with the finger gesture and most especially with the remark about strategic friends. In the heat of the moment we do some very stupid things and that was a very stupid thing to do that could have far reaching impact if she called the cops and reported his bike. Even moreso if she happened to notice his bike was unique or worst case got the plate.

All of this is a shame because OP genuinely seems like a good dude going by his posts and I'd hate to see a good dude get in trouble over a verbal mistake made in the heat of the moment.

If there's any justice in the universe she didn't get his plate or anything to identify him and this blows over.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts