Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey today is great weather nice and cool for riding. I decided I've never seen Dallas or Ft Worth for that matter during day time. If any of you guys are going to be out and about text or call preferably text due to being on my bike so when I stop I can check it. Figure now is as good as a time as ever to check out your city. Hit me up if you will at 2543833613. Thanks guys and look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Man I wish I had checked earlier, I was out and about a little today. It was cool out today lol. I had my hoody on under my jacket

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude i froze my ass off lol. It wasn't bad going there. But right as I got there I was freezing. I went to a buffalo wild wings on I think its South Hullen st. Left at about 7 or 8 or ya GOOOO GAtors. Rode like 5 minutes was like fuck this stopped at ross and bought a hoodie. I had a thermal, hoodie and my icon on and was fine but just the icon and thermal was cold. Forgot I had my dark visor on. Driving back sucked. Couldn't see very far so I didn't go that fast.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sounds like a looong ride. Yeah it had been cloudy all day so I left my clear one on. I had my UA thermal and a hoody. I had played flag football so I was warm for a while just off of that. Cooled off pretty quick though lol. Riding with a dark visor isn't fun, glad you made it alright. Next week fight night still going down?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good just waiting on silversurfer to tell me which buff wild wings we should go to. I think there is 3 in dfw.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Gonna be about 80 on saturday, anyone want to ride?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I might. What time and where? We need more than two though :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
sure!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Im new to the area... anyone know of some good twisties? Fm455 is ok, nothing special and its actually in denton. Road is really nice in some sections and poor in others.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are very few really good roads in the area. none that have consistently curvy roads that I know of. I'll get on the App, and try to find a good place.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might need to pick up my wheel and install it tomorrow just so I can ride out with you guys. You guys are so lucky to have people you can just meet up with near you.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I'd go on my bike but I can't find my title and that means I can't register it until I get my new one so is be in my truck if we met up somewhere

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey guys, n00bie here.. still with my chicken stripes so if you guys are willing to let me tag along ...I'll stay in the back..lol
Dove rd, is great.. rode it wednesday, started in southlake then made it to grapevine. Small twisties along the way, barely no cops (saw just one), and no traffic during the week. Also grapevine lake has a small road of about 5 really great twists. Not a good idea in the weekend though..

No front end though, almost finished with retrofit, but not quite..

·
Registered
35 Posts
for sure.. here are the addresses of those places and some pics..
type this in on google and it will take you right to the lake and Dove road:

Dove Loop Rd
Grapevine, TX 76051

Ok as far dove road here is a quick pic showing it. Its around 21 miles if i remember correctly.. There are some small twist along the way but no really until you get towards the end. There are lots of cool houses (southlake) so keeps the ride somewhat entertaining. Its a nice place pretty much.

Here on oakgroove rd by the lake, are some great twists. I recommend going there during the week and avoid going on the weekends or after school/work hours. Its basically empty ready to ride. Plus great hang out spot, and tons of cool lake sites. I think there's only 1-2 stop signs..

now somewhere, i really would like to go, is new hope rd.
They say it has the best twists in north texas..
i guess i'll let the pic do the talking..

1 - 20 of 429 Posts