Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've decided to do a detailed write up / tutorial on the jumper mod. I know its been covered, but I had to go through quite a few different tutorials online until I found the info I was looking for. This tutorial is for people with absolutely NO experience with doing modifications, so many of you may find some steps redundant. I'm just covering all the bases here. This mod only works with the 05-08 ZX6R and is said to give an extra 6-12 HP.. best part, is this mod is absolutely free! So here we go.

Only tools you will need: #5 Allan Key (simply for side fairing / seat removal)

Remove Side Fairings

Remove Seat

Your ECU will be wrapped in electrical tape onto a larger wire. Remove the electrical tape to get at the ECU.

Simply remove the top cap to uncover the connectors

For this step, you need a piece of wire. Some people use paper clips with rubber coating, some people use guitar strings. I used a piece of copper wire and stripped each end to uncover the wire which will be slotted into the connectors.

This step is optional, but I soldered the copper wire to prevent it from unraveling.

Shape it into something that looks like this.

This is the most important step to get correct. You will be using this wire to bridge the Yellow/Black wire to the Aqua/Green Wire. Simply find the wires and its correlating connection. Slide the copper wire in. I had to flatten my wire a bit with tweezers as the slot was quite small.

Put the cap back on, and you're good to go! Free Horsepower! :pirate

Reactions: Mft624 and WhyMista

·
Registered
498 Posts
What exactly does this do??,more top end,mid,low???, not really familiar with this mod, I heard of it just never looked into it.....

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What exactly does this do??,more top end,mid,low???, not really familiar with this mod, I heard of it just never looked into it.....
For all US models, the 05-08 ZX6R were toned back in power after 13,000 rpm to meet the stricter US emissions standards. This mod bypasses that to you actually keep climbing in power in its "power zone" like it should! It sets it to EU standards. It's well worth doing! very easy, and gives you a heck of alot more pull after 13,000 rpm. So yes, all top end.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
For all US models, the 05-08 ZX6R were toned back in power after 13,000 rpm to meet the stricter US emissions standards. This mod bypasses that to you actually keep climbing in power in its "power zone" like it should! It sets it to EU standards. It's well worth doing! very easy, and gives you a heck of alot more pull after 13,000 rpm. So yes, all top end.
Almost as awesome as the hot Canadian chick mod:yumyum:

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Lol if only I had some copper wiring with me right now. Got to go find some

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol if only I had some copper wiring with me right now. Got to go find some
You can use a paper clip or even a guitar string, as long as its bridging the 2 connectors! I just prefer copper as it doesn't heat up as much as other metals.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
You can use a paper clip or even a guitar string, as long as its bridging the 2 connectors! I just prefer copper as it doesn't heat up as much as other metals.
I don't even have that I don't think lol. Gotta check.

I'm doing another shot of moose urine because of your write up:yumyum:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't even have that I don't think lol. Gotta check.

I'm doing another shot of moose urine because of your write up:yumyum:
When I hear moose urine, for some reason all I can think of is Corona.. Or Bud Light. :puke:

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
When I hear moose urine, for some reason all I can think of is Corona.. Or Bud Light. :puke:
I hate those "beers"

<--found a paperclip:devious

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
One strand out of a piece of telephone wire works good too. It's the perfect size to stick into the connector, and is solid so it won't unwind like stranded wire. And it's copper.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
One strand out of a piece of telephone wire works good too. It's the perfect size to stick into the connector, and is solid so it won't unwind like stranded wire. And it's copper.
Yea but thats why he soldered it so it won't unwind. Not to mention That hole is so small it would take some really skilled vibrations and bad luck for that to not only come undone and out

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yea but thats why he soldered it so it won't unwind. Not to mention That hole is so small it would take some really skilled vibrations and bad luck for that to not only come undone and out
You do put the cap back on so it can't come out.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good tip! That would work perfect.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts