Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an 02 ZX6R.. already put black shorty levers, frame sliders, and got seats re upholstered.. next is integrated tail light and fender cut up to trunk.. is it worth it to delete birdcage? In a way I want to but in a way I wanna keep it old school and original.. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just got an 02 ZX6R.. already put black shorty levers, frame sliders, and got seats re upholstered.. next is integrated tail light and fender cut up to trunk.. is it worth it to delete birdcage? In a way I want to but in a way I wanna keep it old school and original.. what do you guys think? View attachment 108359
What do you mean by birdcage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fairing stay up front that holds the mirrors in place and connects to gas tank

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase, taking into account that this almost 100% original I would leave it that way.
I have a 2007 and I did the reverse process, the previous owner had taken it out and I put it on again.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Same thought, nice near original bike. Make it yours but keep the old school look - LOL I must really be old when 2002 doesn't seem "old school".

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Unless you are going to buy an 05-08 ZZR600 fairing stay then deleting it will make the whole assembly weak and likely make your mirrors useless unless stopped completely.

also whomever said their 07 had it deleted and put it back, wrong........ no 07 ever had one!!!

And I would keep the rear signals and put stock ones back on it- you want to be seen and part of that is having signals people will see!!!
axe the shorty levers, axe stock mirrors and put on 06/07 Ninja 650 mirrors (up higher and out wider- so they are more functional) and I'd axe that blacked out windshield for a lighter smoked one
But hey your bike do what you want

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry, my poor command of the language made me misunderstand the comment. What I reinstalled on my 07 was the rear fender with the turn signals.
I understood that he meant that.
Note: Among other things, also change the windshield for a transparent one

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah that’s what I was talking about was using the 05-08 ZZR fairing stay

·
Registered
2005 ZZR-600
30 Posts
That’s a good looking bike! If you swap the bird cage/fairing stay & you’re located in USA then I might be interested in buying it. Or I could trade you the 05-08 ZZR part. Send me a text at two five three ate five for oh six won one if you’re interested. Thanks ~ charger_john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts