Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I’m looking to purchase a 2019 zx6r. However I’m wondering if it has ABS or not. The owner says it does, but there is no KIBS decal on the fender as usual. Can anyone tell me if I can decode such a thing from the VIN number? Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don’t think so but just check the brake lines, the abs has the brake lines go under the tank to the abs module, the non abs brake line just goes straight down the front wheel. Also I think the only abs for 19 has the blue trim vs the green trim non abs. Not sure about the Kawasaki edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes, check the brake lines! Been there screwed up and bought non ABS thinking sensor rings were indicator. Pretty easy to tell, the ABS version has steel brake lines that go to the rear while the standard version the line comes out of the master cylinder and drops straight down. Rear brake is another spot where you can see the difference. Also should also be ABS light in the instrument cluster. Trying to recall how it works but it comes on at startup - current bike comes on until have risen a few feet. Its pretty embarising to have made that mistake but the dealer and I both made it - he was showing me on the model number where it was ABS. He was honest about it when I realized the mistake and offered to buy the bike back or refund me some money. Problem with buying it back was it had been a couple of weeks (more embarrassing). Haha good I didn't check it out by a road test! However it's the mistakes like that that really make you check stuff over when buying a bike. I take nothing for granted anymore and wasn't a particularly trusting person before. As for the bike I loved it except it was a bit loud - Two Brothers shorty and we live in a nice quiet neighborhood. Wound up trading it on a new 2014 and didn't really loose any money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts