Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After servicing my bike this weekend, unluckily a small nickel-sized paper disk (from beneath the cap of a bottle of fuel injector cleaner - paper laminated with wax on one side) inserted itself directly into my tank after filling. With the 05 636 tank designed as it is, I can't retrieve the thing.

1. Will this clog any intake components? (or is there an intake screen?)
2. Should I aggressively attempt to retrieve this at any cost, or should I hope it someday dissolves?
3. If I have to attempt a retrieval, should I remove the whole blessed tank?

Grrr...how frustrating!...

Any advice would help. Please. Thanks!!

-Newt

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a filter-sock type thing over the fuel pickup in the tank, then there will be a fuel filter too somewhere. As long as the thing stays together your not likely to have any issues, if it starts to denigrate then it may clog the fuel filter/sock.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping that's the case. My local service guys didn't even know!!

Thanks for the reassurance...

Perhaps only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Why not look up the parts diagram in the service manual and see for your self how its put together? There's a manual in the file vault:deal

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. There is little detail regarding the fuel pump assembly. Great idea, though.
Another service dept just said there is one metal screen before the filter, and removal of the assembly is fairly easy.
Anyone tried this? Do I need to clamp the hoses and then prime the pump when done? Are there any peculiarities with the gaskets involved?

Man, I keep coming up with more questions....

Sorry.
Please help.
-Newt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts