Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just bought a 2005 zx6rr and the first owner used to use it at the track. I bought it off of the guy that bought it off of him and only rode it twice. I don't have the manual for the aim Michron 3 gold track dashboard that it has. I don't have the stock instrument panel. I'm thinking I'm never going to use the bike at the track so I'm thinking of getting rid of the dashboard and trying to find a stock dashboard and switching it out. Does anyone have experience with this setup and any reason to do it or not? I also have questions about the odometer. I talked to a mechanic friend of mine and he said that the odometer in his range rover is electrical but it defaults to the mileage on the computer in that vehicle. He had to switch out the instruments and the mileage defaulted to the reading on the computer and automatically updated. Any idea if this is similar on my ninja? Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I just want to take off the racing dashboard and put on a stock one. Anyone know if this is just plug and go?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Uh.... Are you asking if the ORIGINAL, STOCK instrument panel, that Kawasaki spent hundreds of thousands of bux engineering to work with the bike and plug right in is plug and play? ???
I am gonna take a wild guess here..... Yes.
Perhaps the previous owner modified the wiring... In which case, who knows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uh.... Are you asking if the ORIGINAL, STOCK instrument panel, that Kawasaki spent hundreds of thousands of bux engineering to work with the bike and plug right in is plug and play? ???
I am gonna take a wild guess here..... Yes.
Perhaps the previous owner modified the wiring... In which case, who knows.
If you took the time to read my question you would see that I was asking about the odometer and the mileage on the gauges. Is the odometer mileage stored on the bike's computer. I don't have the stock gauges from my bike, so if I get a set of stock gauges off of a different bike are they simply going to display the mileage from the original bike they came from, or is my bike's computer going to be the default and will my mileage display be accurate to my bike? come on man WTF why would I ask if my bike would work with the gauges that were engineered to work with it?
thank you for wasting my time with a stupid post that shows you don't know the answer to my question

1 - 6 of 6 Posts