Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for Dark or blacked out Lens Covers for the Track. I have a 13 Zx6R, found them for 09-12 but no luck on 13+. Tape is getting only and i don't have track plastics yet. Anybody know where to get them from ?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't want to paint because i use my bike for city riding and i ride at night a lot, a cover would be perfect. Ive seen them for 09-12 just not luck finding them for 13s+

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have covers for your bike sam, not that expensive either, about $25

·
Registered
75 Posts
not sure what benefit the covers would be. pretty sure they're gonna make you tape over the covers anyway... i KNOW the orgs i ride with would.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Just go to a decal shop with a stencil of your headlight shape. Have them copy said stencil in your favorite color in both left and right sides. BAM!! done!

I bet you could get a big stack of them for under $50.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats not a bad idea

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
This tape is very easy to apply and removes very well, too. It stretches to leave no seams or bubbles on the headlamps. Takes a little more work on the front signals and tail, but easier and cleaner than other tape. Also, it's unaffected in rainy conditions unlike painters tape.

Amazon.com: 3M General Purpose Vinyl Tape 764 Black, 2 in x 36 yd 5.0 mil (Pack of 1): Industrial & Scientific

I removed the headlamp tape after one TD, stuck lightly to wax paper without flattening it and reused for a second TD, but had a harder time removing the bubbles upon re-application.

The template idea is good and I considered it until I thought more about how to template a flat decal that will need to contour/stretch to the non-flat shape of the lights. Probably an easy way to do it that I haven't considered.

Looks like this:

I use the 2" tape. They make it in 3 inches (and maybe four). Two 2" strips will cover one headlamp on my 2013 bike.

jimundascores

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks Clean !!^

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Well interesting that you should mention this, look what has just come out:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/products/traktape-motorcycle-headlight-covers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AsphaltandRubber+%28Asphalt+%26+Rubber%29

Straight from the department of “now why didn’t I think of that” we bring you the miracle of TrakTape. Pre-cut model-specific adhesive covers for your headlight, tail light, and signals, TrakTape makes getting your bike onto the track a snap, and looks aces in the process.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts