10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: jd41

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who gives a shit.

If the President isn't being indicted for it, I hardly find it fair for this guy to be.
I'm more curious as to how he got $825k in CASH over 7 years?? How many people actually walk into his store with wads of cash to buy suspension parts and other stuff? lol That shit's not cheap.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Who gives a shit.

If the President isn't being indicted for it, I hardly find it fair for this guy to be.

I'm more curious as to how he got $825k in CASH over 7 years?? How many people actually walk into his store with wads of cash to buy suspension parts and other stuff? lol That shit's not cheap.
That's crazy though...wonder how he even got on the radar for them to investigate..clearly he doesn't have a good tax guy.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts

That's crazy though...wonder how he even got on the radar for them to investigate..clearly he doesn't have a good tax guy.
Because its California! :devil

Actually, I was always surprised at how busy their shop was. Anytime I stop by they're selling ohlins stuff left and right.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Oh my god, shit is just not worth it kids. Sure you may get away with it once, but after that man you're just pressing your luck. At that point it was only a matter of time.

In the mean time, I gotta go take this $2999 of cash into a money order. What? I don't have a bank account.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Because its California! :devil

Actually, I was always surprised at how busy their shop was. Anytime I stop by they're selling ohlins stuff left and right.
Yea they are always busy! Lol. But every time I walk in it's always a good laughing time lol

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So is he closing the business then or what's gonna happen? How many people work there?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yea they are always busy! Lol. But every time I walk in it's always a good laughing time lol

Agreed, I would stop by once a year when I was down to Laguna Seca for GPs & WSBs... and I'd always find a number of people there, "loadin' up" with stuff. I used to shake my head in amazement. But, I never pondered for a moment that Dan had such an elaborate scheme going down. For my personal experience, Dan was always a nice guy to chat with.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think I ever bought anything from him...except for maybe the Motion Pro fork oil level too or something little like that. But I sent him an email asking him about help with suspension setup on my 1198 and he was very quick to reply and very helpful. I guess even the nice guys have some hidden secrets, and being nice doesn't mean you're a saint ;)

Reactions: Felixthecat

·
Registered
200 Posts
He moved the most ohlins parts day in and day out. Have you ever seen his ebay store? I swear at one point he had hundreds of listings daily.

825k is EASILY found in 1k rearshocks and 1k cartridges and 2k forks......over years...

He didnt sell levers and brake fluid motor oil guys, i would say his avg customer spends easily over $1k on every purchase

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
He moved the most ohlins parts day in and day out. Have you ever seen his ebay store? I swear at one point he had hundreds of listings daily.

825k is EASILY found in 1k rearshocks and 1k cartridges and 2k forks......over years...

He didnt sell levers and brake fluid motor oil guys, i would say his avg customer spends easily over $1k on every purchase
Not this average customer!!! Lmfao I'm the one going to his store buying chain and sprockets, clipons, brakepads, and getting my rear shock serviced lol

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Right, I get that...but I can't imagine the SoCal crowd being the great majority of those purchases. With such products that he sold, most were probably done online, therefore not cash. Then from the smaller chunk that makes up the locals who actually walked into his store, I can't imagine more than half of them paid cash. Most people don't go into a store with $1000 in cash...maybe they do over there, I've never seen it at any place around here.

Reactions: Addhoc

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Right, I get that...but I can't imagine the SoCal crowd being the great majority of those purchases. With such products that he sold, most were probably done online, therefore not cash. Then from the smaller chunk that makes up the locals who actually walked into his store, I can't imagine more than half of them paid cash. Most people don't go into a store with $1000 in cash...maybe they do over there, I've never seen it at any place around here.
I'd imagine that most of those deals were done trackside. Almost all business there is cash.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

Aahhh, you forget, it wasn't me & you that made up the bulk of his sales. No, it be the teams - semi-pro and pro alike that racked up big sales. And I'm sure these folks had no problem placing orders every time they came to Laguna Seca or Sears Point and rolling in with wads of cash. You know, "bulk order sales.":devilish

1 - 20 of 20 Posts