Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have had this discussion before about the tick,and the probz on the 07 [email protected] miles.my bike started ticking on the upper left part of the engine,then started leaking oil from the same spot of the ticknear the main engine bolt on to the fairing..brought it 2 the dealer they replaced thetop end gasket..same thing happen @ 2100 miles...now i just went to the garage to start the bike and noticed oil on the fairing .i put my hand in there was feeling around and there is black oil all on the top end i rode the bike a month ago for 2hrs..and in dec we had 4 warm days in a row and there was nothing....then....sinc the first time this happen i am always feeling for oil and listening for noises.. ive had several kawis , a honda,street bikes.. and all brand dirt bikes..ive beat the shit out of all them and never had probz..i dont even abuse this bike,i ride alot more cautious now since married,kids,house,job...wtf i am pissed i have a warranty but this is bullshit...i think its time for the lemon law..:rant:rant:banghead

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know .. i cant wait till they open tomorrow..i am always respectful until you disrespect me these guys are real cool i have a good relation ship w/them i work for verizon so i am always fixen there phone system and network when they have probz i work in the area and live where the shop is so i am gonna try and persway them into giving me the green leftover 07 zx10..lets see..

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
that really sucks..you should definately let them know how much of a bitch it is to deal with etc ..so they know just 'fixing' it isn't really enough

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
ahhh... we all love the dealers.. .i LOVE mine...
prick better give me my loot...

and if my bike ticks im just bringing it in and telling them no bullshit..gimmi a new bike.

·
Registered
654 Posts
My 07 Ninja has that same ticking noise. The dealer just told me it was because the exhaust is so quiet you can hear all the engine sounds. I've had no oil leaks though. But then again mine has only done about 400km so far. I'm feeling glad I got that extended 4 year warrenty now.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 07 Ninja has that same ticking noise. The dealer just told me it was because the exhaust is so quiet you can hear all the engine sounds. I've had no oil leaks though. But then again mine has only done about 400km so far. I'm feeling glad I got that extended 4 year warrenty now.
i have a pipe and hear it i have the 5yr also..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I wonder if it just wasn't fixed right the first time. Its hard to imagine something innately wrong with the bike that would cause gaskets to leak:confused

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if it just wasn't fixed right the first time. Its hard to imagine something innately wrong with the bike that would cause gaskets to leak:confused
after the first time i always checked over there it constantly it happen 600 miles after the first time and now400 miles later and my shit is stored away its beenon the rode twice 1 month ago was the last time out..i just want the green 07 zx10 thats left over there i am gonna try and see what i can do tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
just keep taking it back untill they get sick of seeing you! Trade it in and get a 05 06, Have not heard many good things about the 07, I almost sighned up for 1 at xmas, glad i didnt

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
well its a metal defect in SOME of the engines... kawi will fix it unless your a tool and dont make a big deal about it...

every new product has problems at launch...

its just if the company will fix it and how much of a hassle it is....
i doubt anyone would have problems getting the blown up engine fixed... just go to the dealer and explain... send a letter to kawi directly and if all else fails small claims court and threatin a class action law suit will light a fire under any companys ass.

Hell I hope my bike blows up and they give me a problems so i can sue and use the money to make my fixed 6 into a track tool and get a zx10 for the street with all that extra money lol

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
head gasket had wear causing the leak was in the back of the shop today they replaced the head gasket ,all the rubber seals for the bolts ..they threw in a new sixonesix armor piece and are putting a new sprocket and my cages on for free..i had sprocket and cages already...looks like this what they gave me

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
first time it happen was 500miles then they fixed it then about 1400 miles..now 2100 miles but thistime it was stored away i would start it 1 a week

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yea thats fukked up! they seem to be doing a lot to compensate ya but screw that I'd be demanding a new bike bro! 3 times for same thing constitutes a lemon law lawsuit

1 - 20 of 47 Posts