Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or am I just out dated???lol. I seem to be the only F-series person on the site :(. Ohh Well I still think it is sexy for my first bike. Even tho I almost bought a even sexiers ZX6 for my first. It was a 2000 Red with the decals :). But he wouldnt budge on his price and I got a sweet deal on mine :).

Some tell me not to bother wasting money on my ZX6R and to just upgrade to a 750 or 1000 when I am comfy with riding? But it really seems that on the regular city street a 600 shouldnt have too much trouble keeping up to the big boys unless we hit the Highway :(.

What are u guys opinions on puttin money into performance on a 600?

My plans were...

Full exhaust
Jetted
Sprockets
etc.

Maybe I should keep it for later down the road and bore it and track it??

Jay

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
A good rider is just as capable on a 600cc bike than an average rider on a 1000cc. Most 600's will beat a bike with higher displacement in the twisties anyway. If ridden correctly, a 600 is fast as hell so don't worry about. Just stick to what you're comfortable with and make the most of it!

My ex boyfriend had a 96 ZX6R. That is one big bike! But like all Ninjas, it was damn sexy. Get some mods on it and make it yours. It's all up to you. Some performance mods won't get you too far unless you're very serious about getting those few extra HP. Get an aftermarket zorst on there for the look and sound, you won't be dissapointed!

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you want to put that into the bike, then do it. Nothing wrong with spending money on a 600, particularly if you like the bike and want to personalize it. And what Quarkz said is 100% true. A fast rider on a 600 is faster than a slow rider on a 1000. I can tell you that from experience. My last 3 bikes were TL1000's and I was MUCH faster at the track on an SV650. My cousin would frequently lap me when I took my TL to the track....ON A 2002 GSXR 600.

Oh, and I am sure you will not end up as the ONLY member here with an F model. Give it some time.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey man, look at it this way, at least your not some poser kid that wishes he had a bike. Thats how I felt when I had my old katana. Most poeple don't really keep bikes all that long either, as soon as you ride something new and nice you'll fall in love and most likely do what I did and go get one, except I rode the zx10r and actually got a 636?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i love the color and i got a 636 and keep up and beat 750 and 1000 and on the highway i keep up but dont top out as highs that all but who the hell goes 150+ when riding in a group

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Bud, I'm one of those real old riders 50 plus owned many bikes after a 1200cc 2006 Buel I bought this old 1996 F2 600 ZXr6 Ninja and well what can I say !!!! I've spent money on tricking it up stainless exhaust headers K&N Filter Engine work and I intend to keep it!! Today I blew off a CBR RR900 the guy asked if my bike was a 1000 or 900 With pride I said a little 600 so this toy is a blast I can keep up with 1000's easily fun,fun,fun

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Talk about digging up an old thread! damn.

though I too own an F and I love my F1.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts