Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i'm new to the board and my name is florian.
I've bought a zx6r, 2013 model, and now I'm curios if a new license plate holder makes riding on wet roads worse. I think of the dirt from the street splashing on my back.

Someone already has experience with this situation?

I'm going to buy the one from rizoma.

I appreciate any help on this topic :)

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
The long extensions off the bottom of the OEM license plate mount are there to limit the amount of spray from the tire.... but it's not the rider they are trying to protect. It's other vehicles around you; particularly right behind you.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
never had water splash my back riding in the rain, except for my pedal bike. It will all stay under the tail
The 05 tail fairing and undertail exhaust extends more over the rear tire than the new ninjas.Even with my 05, water would reach over the seat cowl when i installed my hotbodies exhaust.

On the 2010 that i have now,water gets on my back...It has way shorter tail and fender eliminators can't do anything about it.If you go through water often,you keep the stock licence plate holder or something like this

The mud guard on the rear of the wheel,and put your licence plate there.
Can't think of something else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for your help. After reading the post of MrZ i think i'll keep the stock holder, cause i go often through rain.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Just curious.. If your going through rain what's it matter if your getting water on your back or not? your already gonna be wet from the rain.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Just curious.. If your going through rain what's it matter if your getting water on your back or not? your already gonna be wet from the rain.
^ I didn't think people existed anymore that had common sense!!

And when it stops raining, road is still wet and water is dirty as hell.Mud,piss,shit...everything together and wet.That goes onto your bike and you,but there is no rain coming anymore to wash it away...

Have you ever ridden through "waters" from overflown sewer?You don't want that on your back.It's the same thing.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Have you ever ridden through "waters" from overflown sewer? You don't want that on your back. It's the same thing.
I'll assume you don't work for the Greek board of tourism?

Come for the ancient ruins!
Stay for the overflowing sewers!

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Really??

^ I didn't think people existed anymore that had common sense!!
& You, You should know better.

And when it stops raining, road is still wet and water is dirty as hell.Mud,piss,shit...everything together and wet.That goes onto your bike and you,but there is no rain coming anymore to wash it away...

Have you ever ridden through "waters" from overflown sewer?You don't want that on your back.It's the same thing.
Right.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Over flowing sewers!!! Thats gross man!
It happens. Ever seen standing water in the streets?
Look at the drains, If water (& I use that word loosely) is coming up outta there......

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'll assume you don't work for the Greek board of tourism?

Come for the ancient ruins!
Stay for the overflowing sewers!
Lol,it was an example!!!Water on the road is never clean,i don't want it on my back.

It happens. Ever seen standing water in the streets?
Look at the drains, If water (& I use that word loosely) is coming up outta there......
It's a worldwide phenomenon!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Only other thing I can think of is if you don't want to take the chance of getting water on you or getting the bike dirty umm well .... I guess keep you and the bike at home and not ride. Won't get dirty or wet when sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
395 Posts
On my 2012 its horrible. My passenger seat gets covered in road spray and dirt. (with my aftermarket tail tidy)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@joshgilvin34 don't know why you still take part in this discussion. Obviosly you don't understand what the point is.

@06330i Thanks for your help :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts