Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I'm relatively new to ZX6Rs and this forum and was hoping someone with some more knowledge might be able to help.

I have a 1996 ZX6R which I use for track riding (not racing). My main goal is to indulge this hobby without spending large amounts of cash, track pace is secondary.

I had an off while riding the Phillip Island Grand Prix circuit (Turn 10 for those that know the track) and did some damage to the right hand side.

I easily (and cheaply) sourced (from wreckers mostly) the replacement parts I required (bar, lever, peg, brake pedal) however I also smashed up the silencer and have been unable to find a cheap (second hand) replacement.

I fabricated a replacement myself out of straight pipe and was hoping someone might be able to tell me what effect this might have on the bike. I'm not so much concerned about a potential drop in power (track pace is secondary) but being a self taught "mechanic" I'm concerned about potential damage that may be caused by not having the correct exhaust system.

I have attached a photo to show where the custom pipe starts and length etc.

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to offer advice.

Hugh

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts