·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
here is some progress!
WHEELS & tail!

the nose

Heel guards & levers same color.

I got lots done today, but it got dark before most of it was done so no good pics of the bike itself yet. tomorrow hopefully rain holds up!!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Love the paint scheme!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
You bastard! I love that color!

This is what I wanted to do to my new to me zx10R please tell me the color code you used! And also tell me your getting the icon helmet that matches! I am so jealous right now! I think I'm gonna do similar paint scheme as te icon bike but keeps blue specially now that you did this :( I'm sad but I love you all at once

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
this is where i got my paint scheme from!

the neon yellow is such a PIA to work with. it looks different under every single shade of light!!! i thought i was going safe thinking all neon yellow is the same haha but i like the final result so far!!

thanks guys!! final pics will be much better

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's a bad ads jacket! You better buy it or I'm going to hahaha

I'm all over this can't wait to see what you come up with! Would love you more if you do the swingarm and frame to match the rims! This would look sweet with white or flat black fairings. Oh my hampster is spinning

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
That's a bad ads jacket! You better buy it or I'm going to hahaha

I'm all over this can't wait to see what you come up with! Would love you more if you do the swingarm and frame to match the rims! This would look sweet with white or flat black fairings. Oh my hampster is spinning
I didn't want to overdo! The neon is supposed to be just accent color. White with black trims and black lowers with a neon yellow pinstripe is gonna look great. and no my gear is gonna be all blacked out!!

WHAT SUCKS: FORKS ARE STILL KAWI SE RED :O:dowhat im worried they might ruin everything. but i hope not lol, hope it looks kinda cool like this suit....i might get this suit tho for track days!

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's a sick race suit!

Hmmm the red forks. Do you have a tool and due shop near you or fixture shop?

I can't remember what it's called but we used to use this liquid and you brush it on the metal and it turns it black. It's been a long time since I used it. Not sure if its ink certain metals that react but ill have a look!

Another thing I have found is high heat VHT paint. Take SOS pad and cleaner just to remove any possible oil or road grime and you may get swirly marks which is good but doesn't matter

The VHT seems to bond really well and I'm a fan. I will get the I do off the can here its just a can and says VHT I'm actually not sure exactly what type of paint. I use it for any engine parts and stuff up to 500*F

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
i just didnt want to go through the trouble of removing the forks, i couldve painted them for sure....but not powdercoated. that would require full disassembly and resealing etc i will deal with it for now i think

·
Registered
262 Posts
looks good man, not that it was not a good looking bike before the mods but yea, definitely unique.

who powder coated your rims and how much if not a secret?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Well be a cheap ass! Just masking tape and cover with paper the areas you don't want to get sprayed! That's what I do if I need parts on to follow a design. It's kind of tedious but hey! I bet it will turn out great! If you need help on how to tape it let me know but it's really basic! Cover everything you don't want to be painted and cover everything else from overspray

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well be a cheap ass! Just masking tape and cover with paper the areas you don't want to get sprayed! That's what I do if I need parts on to follow a design. It's kind of tedious but hey! I bet it will turn out great! If you need help on how to tape it let me know but it's really basic! Cover everything you don't want to be painted and cover everything else from overspray
The red forks are not bad! The progress so far !!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
:2fingerlol:Your bike looks insane!! I think you did a great job with the color scheme. It's the first bike I ever seen like this n it's sick as hell. Here's a pic of my baby it's a pearl white. I bought it off the guy like this already. I'm planning on updating some parts for next yr since I'm low on dough now but I think your bike is better :2fingerlol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Okay boys and girls, here is the 90% complete project. still gotta put on the chain, remove the right passenger peg (have to remove the exhaust to get the bolts off -__-), ordering the akra slip on today, relocating the brake reservoir. finish us the led wiring, and also my tail lights are acting up i might have to tear the tail again :/ not sure whats wrong.

but what you guys think??

21 - 40 of 76 Posts