Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
ZX6R Anniversary ABS 2014 Black / White
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Been lurking here for 2 months and this is my 2nd post, about 12 weeks ago, on a whim, bought a 2014 zx6r 636 after many years away from the biking community. Gets worse, couldn't stand the original exhaust so again, on a whim (drunk), bought a slip on from CS Racing in the USA/Brasil manufacture. Anyone know if it's an easy installation of should i cancel or return or sell if i can or what ? Says I don't need a servo buddy but will i get the F1 ? error message on the dash ? Thanks in advance. 2013-18 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 CS Racing Slip-on Exhaust | Muffler + – CS Racing Exhaust (csracingusa.com)
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
RA

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm just going on a whim and what I see in the pictures, but it looks like it deletes the servo valves and will most likely get the dash light without a servo buddy. Honestly for the 50 bucks or whatever it costs to get one I would just order one. Install of any cat back exhaust on these bikes is a breeze really. You just remove the stock muffler and servos and put the new one on. Pretty fool proof imo. Could be a lot worse, if I remember correctly some Suzuki bikes you actually have to cut the pipe to put a new slip-on on the bike..

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
So as long as you disconnect the cables from the exhaust to the servo you will never get a error. 2013 ZX6R here and I ran my bike like that for years. The motor runs and it can't tell if the cables are connected or not. I finally got around to buying a servo buddy recently just to make more room under the seat and save the minuscule amount of weight the motor has. Be aware that there are some crappy servo buddies out there, especially if you go cheap that will cause a dash-light.

I'm interested in this exhaust though. Looks great. Did they tell you how long it would take to ship? I suspect it'll be bloody loud on a bike that doesn't have the resonator (like mine) so am interested how much noise the DB killer cuts...

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki ninja zx6r white/grey
87 Posts
Hi, Been lurking here for 2 months and this is my 2nd post, about 12 weeks ago, on a whim, bought a 2014 zx6r 636 after many years away from the biking community. Gets worse, couldn't stand the original exhaust so again, on a whim (drunk), bought a slip on from CS Racing in the USA/Brasil manufacture. Anyone know if it's an easy installation of should i cancel or return or sell if i can or what ? Says I don't need a servo buddy but will i get the F1 ? error message on the dash ? Thanks in advance. 2013-18 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 CS Racing Slip-on Exhaust | Muffler + – CS Racing Exhaust (csracingusa.com) View attachment 109302 RA
M4 is cheap quality from my experience and everyone and their mom has one. If I were you I’d get the graves titanium slip on. Carbon eventually fades and the clear coat chips due to the heat of not repacking. I put 2500 miles on my bike a month. I’m not going to repack it so the titanium is starting to turn purple and blue which is sick. I’ve had the M4 and the graves has a lot deeper tone it sounds a lot better. I’m not familiar with the exhaust you’ve bought but it does look pretty good

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I had a Taylor Made, which is almost identical to this, on my gsxr 750 and it wasn’t loud at all. There’s a lot of space in those underbelly canisters that really kills the volume. Definitely looks bad ass but as far as sound/performance there is better available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slip on was delivered yesterday, servo buddy coming tomorrow. Stuck at work in London until tomorrow evening so hopefully I can get on with it on Sunday. Will take some photos and post them. Going to do the cat delete while I am at it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
By cat delete I assume you mean remove the resonator box. The cats on these bikes are in the headers...

I've ordered one too so am keen to see what yours looks like. Still waiting for when mine is shipping.

Reactions: Newyork

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yep there are two sets of honeycomb looking metal discs in there that you can remove how you choose. I used a circular drill bit and then chiseled the remnants.
It wasn’t pretty but the results are worth it I think. The bike shot red flames tho so plan a dyno tune right after.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its all been delivered but still stuck at work, have some photos from home of the slip on and looks tidy, off work from 15th so will get stuck in then and update.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Mine is shipping too but who knows how long the shipping will take with the current pandemic. Will post pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It's arrived! And looks well-made. Hoping to bolt it on tonight and will post pics...

Reactions: Newyork and RJ2112

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Bolted it on during lunch. It's a lot louder than my Arrow pipe (even with the resonator in). Gets rid of my Pinebox mid-pipe which I didn't realise but that's cool because it's extra weight saved. As stated, pics to come...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Ok some quick pics...

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Better pic. Took it for a test. Makes a nice popping sound on decel. Going to sound like a liar now but it's quieter than my Arrow (maybe as the exhaust is directed down and outwards) when I'm on the bike. Seemed louder in the driveway though. Keeping the DB killer in it as I hate bikes with obnoxious exhausts. Will see how it goes on the track day on Friday...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Reactions: Newyork

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Better pic. Took it for a test. Makes a nice popping sound on decel. Going to sound like a liar now but it's quieter than my Arrow (maybe as the exhaust is directed down and outwards) when I'm on the bike. Seemed louder in the driveway though. Keeping the DB killer in it as I hate bikes with obnoxious exhausts. Will see how it goes on the track day on Friday...

View attachment 109574
That looks great . I would love to see how this does on a dyno just out of curiosity.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts