Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've had my new ninja for about 7 months or so now and I was thinking about getting some crash bobbins for it but I really can't make up my whether to get them or not...

What are peoples thoughts about crash bobbins and whether I should get them or not? :O

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
they certainly wont hurt anything gettin them but i would suggest to cut your fairing dont get the no c uts or u will be doin this................................

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello mate, I've fitted them on mine and glad I did. I dropped my bike in my double garage at home. My lad decided to service his Clio 182 sport and dropped some oil on the floor, needless to say he couldn't be bothered to wipe it up. Then next day while I was putting my bike on it's new paddock stands, I slipped and my bike fell on it's side. Not a mark on it, thank god!

My lads car is banned from the garage and now lives outside. He's very lucky he's not following it!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ribit,

I've been looking at the Evo tech ones as they are slightly cheaper than the R & G ones, and I agree that it is better to cut the fairing and have the bobbin going directly onto the engine mount.

Evotech's bobbin has a plate for the RHS so you don't have to cut the fairing but with the R & G ones you have to cut the fairing slightly. I contacted R & G and asked them why they cut the fairing instead of using a plate and they said that it was purely for strength reasons.

So I asked Evotech if they would chuck an extra bolt in so that I could attach the bobbins directly to the engine mounts and they said yes although they would not gaurentee the product if it wasn't fitted using the guidelines.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks Phil, think I will be ordering them this afternoon...

·
Registered
227 Posts
i think i had the sho guns has a 90 degree angled piece of shit angle on it made of aluminum that snapped like butter when i went down on left side was really dissapointed in the quality so i modified them so hat both bolt directly to engine and i got them out further for more protection

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello mate, I've fitted them on mine and glad I did. I dropped my bike in my double garage at home. My lad decided to service his Clio 182 sport and dropped some oil on the floor, needless to say he couldn't be bothered to wipe it up. Then next day while I was putting my bike on it's new paddock stands, I slipped and my bike fell on it's side. Not a mark on it, thank god!

My lads car is banned from the garage and now lives outside. He's very lucky he's not following it!!
that sucks bad i learned a lesson similiar to that when ever i put mine on the stands especially the front wheel i leave the kickstand down it has saved me TWICE not once TWICE from the bike slippin of the front stand and onits side pretty scary when she tippin over and your standibg right there watchin it in sllllloooooooooowwwwww motion

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thansk guys, you have made my mind up for me :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I always leave the side stand down as well now, good tip. When it does go your hearts in your mouth and yeah your right Ribit it's exactly like in slow motion. It's like a balancing act with the paddock stands.

Chris enjoy your bike mate

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
i dont have and have not dropped the bike and i have had it 2 years. Not a prob getting it on or off the stand. Think you just gotta be more aware of what ya doing and take ya time and if ya out riding dont be a wanker and think ya on the track trying to be the next stonner

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi
I don't really see the need for them, unless you do track days. As the bikes are so light & easy to move about. Compared to older bikes.
Personally i think sliders look horrible, I bought my 636 C1 second hand & it was covered in RG sliders i have removed the bar ends & fork sliders. When i can get hold of a fairing panel for sensible money. I will be removing the main frame siders as well.
On another note the bike was fitted with them from new & serviced by the supplying bike shop. The left hand slider was in hand tight & it was slowly winding it's self out. It has to be removed to service the bike & someone hadn't bothered to torque it up. The bike won't be going there to be serviced again.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I would recommend them whether u ride on the road or track, saved my fairing after a low speed lowside, instead of big gouges in my fairing it had a few light scratches down low which just t-cutted out and so it was fine. better to spend 50 quid on a set of crash bobbins instead a lot more on a new fairing.

·
Registered
900 Posts
If you've got them keep them, if you're considering them get them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm gonna take them off mine.
I've binned a fue bikes in my time & there's no way sliders would have saved the bike's.
Sliders are just abit boy racer & i'm at the age that i should no better.
Plus the bikes fully comp & the insurance company could claim the sliders increased any damage in an accident, as they have been known to make bikes bounce & flip over smashing both sides .
Can anybody see the point at all of handle bar sliders ? If it hits the deck it will scratch like a bar end, the slider will just be more expensive to replace & if your travelling the bar pretty much always bends so is scrap anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts