Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont understand some sellers on craigslist. For the past few weeks ive been looking to pickup a starter bike for my wife.
So I have found a few bikes. I email, text and even tried to call a few and nothing. Then the add gets reposted so I repeat the process and still nothing... I dont get it, do these people wanna sell it or not? Ive even got phone numbers back in a email response and still cant get ahold of the people.

I think the CL gods have cursed me for unknown reasons.

/endrant

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's too bad, man- someone will eventually get back to you. I checked out 4 different CL bikes before I bought my 05 (also from craigslist) and all the sellers were always quick to respond. One kid even rode his bike to my house for me to check out. Too bad one side of the bike was obliterated from "his sister dropping it in the driveway". Ha! Not unless she was doing about 30 mph when she pulled in :) Hang in there

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
CL sucks. I just had a guy flake on me for a gauge cluster purchase. Here I am, money in hand, waiting. I call and he says he's not going to make it today. Thanks for the heads up DICKFACE. /rant

·
Registered
12,963 Posts
Yup...craigslist is full of unresponsive irresponsible dickheads. Unfortunately u have to weed thru them all until u find a decent seller.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i just recently bought mine off Craigslist and it was a great deal, but i contacted... or tried to contact several people in his area to look at several bikes for sale whilst i was down daya but all of them flaked, one on the day of. so i think if you have a real motivated seller then it will work out. the other side of the coin is that he said i was the first to actually come through on showing up, so apparently the flakiness goes both ways for sellers and buyers, especially i am sure in the market of used bikes for the cheap like mine.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I've both bought and sold motorcycles on CL. As Scorpi0 said ... when you enter CL you need to understand that you will be navigating through a maze of douchebags, lowlifes, scammers, pretenders, and tards. When you are in the thick of it, you will be in doubt whether CL is worth the effort. But look to the good end result brother ... when you find a great bike for a great price it will be worth the hassle and you'll be so happy for what you did. Yes, it's worth it. Persevere, my friend!

Immediately write-off any ad or anyone that doesn't give you the 'warm and fuzzys'.

EDIT: Do not reply to anyone who uses the words "Western Union" or "PayPal".

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I found my bike on CL, Ive made at least 100 CL transactions if not more! either buying or selling.. and normally I have minimal problems with buying or selling but trying to find a bike for my wife has proven to be pretty difficult.

Thanks for the tips, im not new to CL by any means. I just felt the need to let out a rant and since its gonna be a surprise for my wife I cant do it on Facebook lol

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Definitely....

Also if they claim they are overseas then it is a scam.
Or if they will arrange shipping without ever seeing the bike....

Wait, I did that with my Ducati.... hmmmmm

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude i would sell you my 300 if you were in CALI.
Im sticking to a $1500 limit. I wanna make sure she likes riding before investing in a nicer bike. She has said a few times she wants to ride and she has ridden mine around the neighborhood but never on the highway. Id rather buy a cheap bike for her to learn on then upgrade when shes comfortable.

·
Registered
518 Posts
how lucky you are. u got a girl who actually wants to ride. mine just wants to ride bitch and laugh at my belly fat everytime she hangs on..:hmmm:

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I just sold a bike on craigslist and I didn't respond to a lot of people either, but only when they sent me an offer of like 800 or 1000 dollars less than what I was asking or if they asked if I would take their 1973 4-wheeler in trade.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
CL sucks. I just had a guy flake on me for a gauge cluster purchase. Here I am, money in hand, waiting. I call and he says he's not going to make it today. Thanks for the heads up DICKFACE. /rant
Man I had that happen 2 years ago. I drove 50 miles to pick up a giant bin of legos for my daughter for Christmas and the dude flaked when I was like 10 miles away. I was so effing mad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had pretty good luck selling and buying bikes on Craigslist.
Now selling other stuff like furniture or lawn mowers was a nightmare!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts