Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, got a couple of problems with my new bike...1st when i put bike into 1st gear from stand still it jumps forward and clicks a few times...2nd my rear shock is leaking a sticky grease...any idea what the problems are?? cheers.

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
most bikes have a light jerk or jump when you put it into 1st. as for the clicking afterwards, i'd have to hear it to know what youre talking about.

and if you've got a leak and can do work yourself, investigate. pull thing apart and check.

or take it to a shop

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clicking is the bike trying to find the gear!! instead of having 1 clunk when you pop it into gear it clunks a few times...

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Mine has clunked a little into gear since day one. Try changing your oil... it might help.

As for the "sticky" fuid on your rear shock... clean in off... then clean EVERYTHING around it... clean and lubed the chain... go for a ride... and see if you're getting excess chain lube in that area.

Chain lube is sticky... just going from what I know.. haha.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies...i will try the things you have suggested...will let you know how it goes :)

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Might want to check your clutch and see if it's out of adjustment while you're tinkering. That'll make it buck a little when going into gear if the clutch isn't fully disengaging.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Might want to check your clutch and see if it's out of adjustment while you're tinkering. That'll make it buck a little when going into gear if the clutch isn't fully disengaging.
^+1
Make sure your clutch is adjusted correctly.

As PowerGroove said, clean everything spotless first then take it for a ride and see where it leaks.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Hi all, got a couple of problems with my new bike...1st when i put bike into 1st gear from stand still it jumps forward and clicks a few times...2nd my rear shock is leaking a sticky grease...any idea what the problems are?? cheers.
If you're revving too high or releasing clutch too slow...you'll engage the slipper ...I tink

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
slight clutch adjustment maybe and sounds like road dirt and chain lube
?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys...quick update, took my bike back to dealer...had my money back and got my g1 back...i have to say my g1 is so much easier to ride...everything is so much smoother!! oh yeah the gearbox was fooked!! thanks again for advise :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts