Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Does the gear lever / brake pedal action feel weird because they aren't pivoted at the peg like normal ones?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hmm, looks like mine but mine still has the decals on it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Cool pics!

With the posistion of the gear selector shaft I wonder why they don't just bolt a shifter directly to it and eliminate the linkage and pivot? That's how my MX bikes are done and they shift better than anything else I've ridden:) I wonder if it wouldn't work as well facing backwards as fowards - the arc would be the other way round:O

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heet wrap is on there because I took off the cheesy cover over the exhaust on the right side and fabbed up a reservoir mount off of the heel plate. Less heat to roast my leg, but I hate all that plastic bullshit from the factory.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Cool pics!

With the posistion of the gear selector shaft I wonder why they don't just bolt a shifter directly to it and eliminate the linkage and pivot? That's how my MX bikes are done and they shift better than anything else I've ridden:) I wonder if it wouldn't work as well facing backwards as fowards - the arc would be the other way round:O
Without redesigning the shifter drum, it would end up being a GP shift. But it looks like it could be set up as a lever directly onto the shifter shaft :dunno Must be a reason for it. They (the factory) can also play with lever travel using the rod setup as they can change the distance of the pivot from shaft, and pivot from lever too. An easy way to set up the fork to lever ratio.

·
Registered
553 Posts
So why did you take the decals off? It looks good, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Decal Removal

I'm going to go with the Virgin Mobile race rep decals. I"ll take some pics today of the new fuel cap, brake lines and Vortex clip-on's.
Heres my other bikes.
Sorry puter fucking up. will post later.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Are you talking about these graphics?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Virgin Graphics

Are you talking about these graphics?
Those ae the ones I want, should look good on my Silver 636 S.E.
Where can I find that exact kit?
And dont tell me tapeworks, I need other alternatives.
Thanks for the pic, That Bike is SEXY as HELL!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will put the YZF decals on except YZF636 just to Fuck with people!
Those ae the ones I want, should look good on my Silver 636 S.E.
Where can I find that exact kit?
And dont tell me tapeworks, I need other alternatives.
Thanks for the pic, That Bike is SEXY as HELL!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I found it on ebay for $60. You could honestly probably save that pic to disk or flash drive and take it to any decal shop and have them make it for you any color you want. I think the guy that's selling them is in the UK so shipping will cost a little more than it shows and it will take some time to get to you. I'll look up the link for you.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
YZF636 Decals

I went ahead and bought the Virgin Mobile Graphics from Extreme Graphics, they WILL make YZF636 decals for the kit plus custom 2 color numbers for the tail.
$90 for the whole setup.
Should look nice on Titanium 636.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's a pretty good deal! Keep us posted and we need pics:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts