Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im kind of new in the street bike scene and have a couple of questions. can any one explan where most are relocating ther rear break resvior on a 07 zx6 and are they shorting the line, making a bracket any info would help. has any one removed the resnater or there converter on there bike, any harm in doing this mod? and what about straight exhaust no can? just wandering about these things. I have droped 2 teeth on front sprocket and was not impresed at first but the more im riding it the more i like it. thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
the coolent res looks ugly just hanging there man.... makes it look more clean. From what I understand nobody touched the length of the line and use the factory bracket and bolt it somewhere under the seat. I am gonna do this over the winter hopefuly. as far as the cat goes... who the fuck really needs them. stright pipes are the best way to go... more power.. emisions be damned. You could also do the mod to the ecu that converts it back to the euro spec. gains 7 hp and smooths out the power delivery from what i have read. it involves spliceing a wire i think. just do a search and you can get the directions. Oh and there is something to do with the exaust butterfly valve things in the exaust that u can snip a wire and leave them open compleatly and get some extra hp too. kawasaki left us with some extra power to free up beacuse of sound and emissions. Just look over the fourms and you can get directions for all these things... i dont have to do the exaust valve thing cuz my 2 bros pipe takes care of it for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did the ecu mod, and since it was starting to get cold i have removed the factory muffler, and replaced it with a turn out to keep the heat from the plastic. I plan on getting a new pipe but till spring im running straight, i kind of like the sound and its for short rides while its cold. I was wondering if it will hurt the bike, people have said yes (back pressure) and no was just wondering. I like the sound, a little loud but i like it. I moved the resivior down but its still in sight, i have taken the bike apart looking for a place to mount it just wandering if there was a certain place that was the best spot or any where you can get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts