Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about yesterday on my way to work I was riding my bike and I had a little spill. It was a slow speed kinda sharp turn, so I was leaning into the corner when my rear tire hit a pile of dirt which in turn made the back tire slide from underneath me. I was probably going 25 at the most but I laid it down and skinned up my arm a little. I think I jammed my pinky finger too. Other than that I jumped right back up cause I was scared as hell to get hit by a car. Anyway, when I got up pushed the bike to the side of the road I was so mad cause my bike wouldn't start. Then I remembered I had to take the key out I guess to reset the fuel pump. Only problem is I couldn't get the damn key out cause I was turning the key to the steering lock position but the wheel wasn't turned all the way to the left. I clearly wasn't thinking straight. Well after I got the key out, out her in nuetral she fired right back up. To wrap this up I got myself together and went ahead to work and the nurse at my job took real good care of me. Sorry so long guys!

·
Registered
36 Posts
sorry to see you go down, but glad you're alright. As you noticed it IS hard to think straigt, even after a minor spill. Its best to take a breather for a bit before hopping back on.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice Shift Lever! I had to ride like that one time too..

One time my Oil sending unit broke and was spilling oil all over my back tire on the freeway and as soon as I made the first turn.. BAM i'm on my ass! I know just how you felt! I actuality picked up my 450lbs ZX7.. by my self..

·
Registered
397 Posts
That looks and sounds a lot like what I did. but my bike looked worse, good luck getting it back together

·
Registered
32 Posts
Atleased you are ok... Sorry to hear/see your bike like that.... Good luck getting it back together. Once you find a new upper fairing you should let me know how much it cost. I have a few dings in it I wanna take care of.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Oh damn. Sorry to hear about your off. It could have been worse however!

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
glad ur aight.
bike looks alright too..just a little paint and it's back to normal
goes to show...always wear ur gear.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea usually I wear my jacket when when i ride to work back and forth but I was just so hot that day. But I guess it would have been worth the protection, I had my gloves on though, they held up good and saved a lot of rash to my hands. The damage isn't too bad either, I called up the local Kawi dealership and a new fairing cost $220 already painted. I am gonna order some pazzo shorties, and get a new shift linkage. OH, some frame sliders too! Guess I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
good to hear your ok and its rough to see the bike with rash on it.. when i put my last bike down the road there was a panno behind me ane the guy help me pick it up and i rode home with no rear break peddle, right mirror, right rear indicator and bent the can onto the rear pegs.. Take it easy out there!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Sure they do, see 'tar:deal

<---

But seriously, glad you and the bike aren't too bad off:thumbup Grab a riding jacket and get back out there (and keep a close eye on road conditions too):roost

·
Registered
553 Posts
That's not too bad, you should have seen my 06 after my spill at the track. It got everything but the tank and the tail but it was still rideable. It's good that your ok and that your bike isn't that bad. Just remember, there are two types of riders, those that have gone down, and those that will go down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea slow50, I had to keep telling myself that. I felt pretty bad when I fell, because I been riding for like 3 or 4 years and this was my first time. I had to keep telling myself that even the best go down. Especially since I went to work and everybody there knew what happened and asking me a million questions. By the end of the night tho I realized like you said it wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dang man!! Its alright though, the most important thing is that your ok!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts