Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so on my 05 zx6r the fan doesn't appear to come on once it hits 218 which makes me a little worried. my bike will get up to 227 once i stop and pull the key out and once i start it it will go back down relatively quickly to 210 without the fan coming on. someone please help, this worries me so. the fan appears to spin freely when i turn it so i don't think it's a bearing but is there anyway to check the fan without it overheating?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The fan doesn't come on until about 120 degrees celcius (248F) if I can recall correctly. The temp gauge will flash 'HIGH' or something if the bike is overheating. That's when you turn it off real quick. My bike gets over 100 in traffic quite often.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok false alarm my dumb ass just couldn't see it because it was spinning so fast. sorry guys, i an just worried about every little thing on it because she is my new baby.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fan should kick on at 210 deg F. You might need to replace the thermostatic switch. I would talk to a dealership service dept and see what they say. 248 is way too hot for it to get before the fan kicks on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My fan kicks on at 212. Ive never seen the bike get any hotter than 227, which I think is pretty good for Florida. 248 is when it will start flashing HIGH I believe.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Well I'm way off then. Or the conversion calculator I'm using is. My fan comes on at either 112 or 120, I can't quite remember.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
100C - 212F << Is low for a fan to come on :dunno
110C - 230F
112C - 234F
120C - 248F

·
Registered
503 Posts
Never seen my bike go over 100c yet! Don't go slow enough.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
my b1 comes on at 102 centigrade. you can check the operation of the temp sender by removing the electrical plug and bridging the contections with a piece of wire or a hairclip or similar with ignition on might need to be running not sure but if the fan works when connections bridged the switch is u/s or there is a break in the line between the fan switch and the fan.

all the above might be irrelevent as im going from putting 2 and 2 together,

my b1 + automotive cooling knowledge = ??

·
Registered
311 Posts
yea think my fan comes on around 210*F.. wouldnt worry.

did u get to read the kawasakis bulletproof article posted awhile back?? if you save and magnify this its a good read.. or try and find the thread/link on the site??

·
Registered
503 Posts
Cool test!
(feel sorry for the poor sod who gets that bike now though...)

·
Registered
109 Posts
In the hot AZ sun @ 110degrees, my fan kicks on about 210-212, and I've never seen the bike go over 228 even in the afternoon in traffic sitting at lights....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yah mine pops on at 212 but its rare for me to get that hot. I hate when the fan kicks on, I try to "cool it down" as fast as possible if you know what I mean hehe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts