Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’ve had my bike off the road now for a few cold months and have been starting it on the weekends but I noticed yesterday I could see a layer at the bottom of the coolant bottle looks white maybe then the coolant on top, fuck knows what it is any ideas ?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Does it move if you lean the bike? Try to drain it from the bottle and fill the coolant back up to the line. It's probably nothing. Unless it doesn't move - then it could be frozen and then you could have a ton of problems.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Not sure what you’re asking.

If the bike is in storage, it is best to not be starting the bike at all. Make sure fuel stabilizer is added to the fuel, and the treated fuel run completely through the system. Make sure the coolant protects down to the temp the bike will be exposed to this Winter. Either remove the battery and bring in doors, or put the battery on a Battery Tender type device. Drain and replace the oil in the Spring before use.

By starting your bike like you have you build up condensation in the oil that can’t burn off. You basically create an avenue for increased corrosion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the bike is in storage, it is best to not be starting the bike at all.
^^ Agree. What a persistent urban myth that one has turned out to be.

OP: Sounds like your glycol is separating. Which means it's past it's effective life.
Replace it soon or you are in for a whole world of $#!t if it freezes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts