879 Posts
$160???? wtf.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pointless waste of money when you can just buy this:

Spinner T-Handle, 3/8" Drive | Motion Pro

Awesome tool that comes in handy for bike work ALL the time.
I think you missed the point, it's got a torque gauge built into it.

I've got Motion Pro spinners and use them all the time. However, they can't tell you how much torque your applying to a fastener.

·
Registered
879 Posts
yeah i noticed the torque guage after I posted my comment, but still... $160...yikes.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
EDIT: Realized after posting that this is about a 3/8 drive T handle, not for hex bits but I'll still leave this up. Plus you can use sockets with this with the proper attachment.

I bought this from Dewalt and probably the best tool purchase to date. It's a ratcheting T handle. Makes working on the bike so easy and it's only 25 dollars. That motion pro stuff and what you just posted are WAY overpriced. This dewalt kit, you get a quality brand with a good selection of bits. The T handle can accommodate essentially any standard bit.

Had this over a year any no quality issues yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Dewalt-Handle...id=1428343404&sr=8-1&keywords=dewalt+t+handle

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Id have that in my dream tool chest...
On the other hand, I may just get that motion-pro spinner..

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
EDIT: Realized after posting that this is about a 3/8 drive T handle, not for hex bits but I'll still leave this up.

I bought this from Dewalt and probably the best tool purchase to date. It's a ratcheting T handle. Makes working on the bike so easy and it's only 25 dollars. That motion pro stuff and what you just posted are WAY overpriced. This dewalt kit, you get a quality brand with a good selection of bits. The T handle can accommodate essentially any standard bit.

Had this over a year any no quality issues yet.

Dewalt Handle Ratcheting Hex Key Set 500 " Metric 31 Piece - Hex Wrench Set - Amazon.com
That looks nice too, Are the tips hardened? Can you buy sockets for it?

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
Every jackass customer I have who works on their own shit needs a built in torque wrench on every tool.

These buttfucks manage to strip everything

$160 (if the torque wrench is of high quality) is a deal. of course a T handle is more about speed than accuracy and one should be able to know when something is tight (or they just should not be owning tools)

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
This was kinda my point.
I got that........ for people who have some knowledge and feel--it is totally pointless.........for joefucktard every tool needs to be a torque wrench!

Reactions: Ebster1085

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
I use my torque wrench's only on that last half turn.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
That looks nice too, Are the tips hardened? Can you buy sockets for it?
I'm not exactly sure but I swap fairings a bunch of times through the year so I'm constantly using the "4" hex and it hasn't stripped or anything.

You can very easily use one of these to make so it works with sockets

1 - 15 of 15 Posts