Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I know not that many people really give a crap about other people's builds unless they are trying to learn something. But I am spending a lot of money on parts and time so I figured what the hell, why not post it up. There have already been a lot of great builds on this forum so far, and hopefully mine won't look too bad compared to all your guy's awesome bikes.
So far I have:
-the Two Bros carbon exhaust
-1, +3 sprockets on right now with gold D.I.D chain (will probably get different size sprockets as well but these are still in good condition)
-grips and shorty levers
-flushed out all the cold coolant and converted to water wetter
-Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's but going to switch to Power Pure's or Power One's
-Entire front brake system off a very low miles 2010 ZX6R(great improvement)
-Just got a new gold Scott's dampner
-Attack fiberglass race body
-Bought a truck to haul my toys :)

Soon to come:
-PCIII and tune
-Racetech springs front and rear as well as suspension rebuild and tune
-Custom paint on the fairings
-Custom seat
-Adjustable rearsets
-Clip Ons
-New brake pads
-New sliders and Woodcraft engine cases on both sides
-New coolant hoses
-Braided lines (thanks Arron for the reminder)
-Maybe a few other things, I probably missed some stuff on the list.

Here are some pics of how the bike sits now, and what I have so far:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The fairings sitting in my living room, I really want to put them on, but I am still riding the bike around on the streets.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
April 18: Exhaust wrap and woodcraft sliders on the way. Next will be EBC HH pads, unless anyone has other recommendations, and the tires

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reserved for updates...

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Good to see a build and it gives others ideas and how to do stuff as well.. What color are you painting it?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have a lot of read accented stuff so I am going to stick with black and red. I have a few cool paint scheme ideas, but I think I'm going to keep it pretty simple so that if I do go down (hopefully not anytime soon) I will be able to repaint them without too much of a headache.

By the way I am open to suggestions for parts and ideas. Especially for good sliders that are more track friendly

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I would get a set of braided lines too..

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would get a set of braided lines too..
Thanks, I forgot to add that on the list on here but they are definitely coming soon. The lines on it are stock but are still new and very firm still, actually pretty damn nice. So although I will go braided it isn't a must at the moment

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Is it going to be double duty between the street and track? And +1 on the braided lines. One good hard ride or track day will have you change your mind there.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya double duty until I can buy an adventure bike for the street/trails or even a supermoto would do :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Supermotos are bad ass!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Anyone have input for new tires? I was thinking about going with Michelin Power One's, but just curious to see what others have to say. I am currently on Power 2Ct's and like Michelin's the best so far in my experience with moto tires so I figured I would stick with them.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the Power cups, I want to try Pirelli Superbike Pros slicks next, as I hear they are a slick you can run with no tire warmers.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya I guess you don't have to use warmers, but most people still do. I am worried about their life span though and how many heat cycles and/or laps I can get out of them before replacing because of my relatively tight budget

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Anyone have input for new tires? I was thinking about going with Michelin Power One's, but just curious to see what others have to say. I am currently on Power 2Ct's and like Michelin's the best so far in my experience with moto tires so I figured I would stick with them.
Damn Bro! Good stuff!

Can't wait to hit the track with ya man! Hope SB is still tratin' you well...

As for tires... I've been on the 2CT's for the last 3 sets (roughly 15,000 miles) and love them... but they get a little slick on a hot day at the track. I'm going to try out the Power Pures next (girlfriend is giving me the front off of her R6 since it's only got about 500 miles on it and I'll buy the rear).

I was gonna try the Q2's next... but a free tire isn't a bad thing.... so the Q2's will have to wait!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya I have had 2CTs and they are good, but if I am going to buy new tires I wanna step it up a little. I hear mostly good things about Q2's but I have had no issues with the Michelins at all and wanna stick with them.

And SB is good, just a lot of school and trying to scrounge $$ for bike stuff. I just really wanna start track riding and finally trying to commit.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Put in an order with WhoCanitBeNow for a bunch of custom decals for the bike, it is going to look badass. I really want to throw on the fairings, but I am enjoying cruising it on the street right now. Also got the exhaust wrap, Dzus fasteners and woodcraft sliders

1 - 20 of 43 Posts