Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the advantages of a race ecu am i going to gain that much more than my current set up. what does it chenge other then rev limiter fuel curve
which my power comander already does

what im getting at is it worth the exspense???

cheers guys

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Can you install a race ecu on a 636? I thought you could only do it on the RR. I'd like to know what the advantages are too though.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
the only thing i see different from the race and pc111 is u can adjust the timing on the race ecu vs u can't on the pc

·
Registered
450 Posts
^^that's why they make an Ignition Commander.

It's my understanding the kit ecu can be benificial to the RR, but is practically useless for the 636.

I've got a call in to somebody much smarter than myself to confirm....

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Kit-ECU is a dedicated engine management system that controls ALL aspects of the engine computers management (unlike a PCIII that is very limited in it's capabilities unless it is teamed up with the ignition control and even then it does not cover the scope that the Kit-ECU does). All the PCIII is is a piggy-back engine managment system. It controls the firing pulse of the injectors. On a heavily leaned out modern sportsbike (lean cause of emmissions) it seems to make a big difference cause it literally dumps more fuel (more fuel, bigger bang, more power). The Kit-ECU is a completely different engine management computer that REPLACES your stock ECU. In the programing for the Kit-ECU there are parameters set in place in the actual code which allow, in conjunction with Kawi's software, the full range of control and adjustment for all of the ECU's functions (not just fuel injector pulse). This makes it a good tool for fine tuning your power curve in conjunction with whatever mods you make, making it basically like a stand-alone engine management system. For a street application it's a bit overkill as a PCIII will give you all the extra power and is able to be tuned by anyone using dyno-commander dynos (read: almost everyone) so it'll be easier to live with as well as to get tuned. Plus, it's not like the kit-ECU is hard to use it just is not as familiar to everyone in the industry. Just know that a well set-up ZX6-RR using the kit-parts can put out close to 140HP at the crank! Sure these are grenade race motors tuned by pro's but the capability is there, 130chp should not be too much of a stretch :)... Hope this helps. If you have any more questions i'd suggest searching the matter on kawiforums.com as ATTACK KAWASAKI has gone over the subject several times over in detail.

·
Registered
450 Posts
^^^Somebody smarter than myself beat me to the punch...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts