Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd invite one and all to come to my backyard and check out some of the most scenic riding around. If you come to to southern alberta, give me a shout, I'd be happy to show you around.:rotfl

·
Registered
553 Posts
Wish I could, long way for me to go ride though!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nope, can't say that I have! Ever ridden the Tail of the Dragon?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I have'nt, although I've heard from people who have ridden it that it's one hell of a crazy ride. Sounds like the law around there is really tighting the noose around there!.

·
Registered
553 Posts
So I've heard....I guess we'll see this summer though!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We kinda have a simular type of road way up here called the "THE HIGHWAY TO THE SUN", it's total knee dragging fun

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't know if I could handle going straight for long periods of time,I might have an allergic reaction or something?.

·
Registered
389 Posts
U ever ride in straight lines for miles and miles and miles? come to kentucky&ohio
Hey now! Go 30-45 minutes North East of me in Ohio and you'll see some real twisties. Not like the dragon obviously but they are there you just need to know where to look:thumbup My twisty I ride close to me is 45 curves in about 10 miles...I'm not talkin about just sweepers. There are some sweet downhill 25mph S curves and sweeping elevation changes...a couple of 90 degree curves...the whole road is 40mph because there are alot of blind corners and its mostly woods. It's scary driving my truck through there during the day because you can't see around half the curves and the road is narrower then most. The only downfall is theres alot of houses which makes it dangerous. My buddy wrecked last year when a car pulled out while he was coming through a turn. Twisties are in Ohio trust me:)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like just the kind of place those crazy bastards who race the isle of mann races run on,we're talking insane.....I tip my hat to those guys!!.

·
Registered
553 Posts
yeah, kentucky has some nice twisty roads near the virginia line, that's the area that I grew up in!

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
Im in louisville and all ive seen are long straight lines, but i dont even have my bike here, its 8000 miles away!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
yeah, if you go towards virginia it gets twisty as hell, but by no means is it safe, lots of logging trucks and coal trucks travel those roads consistantly and use up both lanes.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Im in louisville and all ive seen are long straight lines, but i dont even have my bike here, its 8000 miles away!!
Thats your problem man, your in the city. You gotta get away from all that and get out in the country.:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
+1, you need to get away from the city.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree riding in the city,eh! not so much fun. Hitting the highway, going towards the mountains and such, ya that gets the heart pumping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just might take you up on your offer Ninjarider....Im in Edmonton...and have been meaning to get passed Calgary...

·
Registered
475 Posts
yeah i might be up for that offer sometime this summer too. I am up here in fort mac. gotta get away for a road trip this summer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts