Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I recently replaced a few scratched items on my bike, including the muffler. When I ran my bike again for the first time, I had an FI code pop up on my dash. After self-diagnosis, I've realized that it's a Code 34. Just wondering on some of anybody would happen to have any insight on this. Possibly the servo cable were put back on backwards? I don't lnow, but any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never disconnected/replaced anything with the servo, just freed up the cables running to the muffler to replace it then reattatched them. Still the same theory, though? Thanks for the response by the way.

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
Those servos are pretty sensitive. Sometimes they do some crackhead stuff. Just remove it and throw in a servo buddy. What year is the bike tho?

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,888 Posts
Make sure they aren't binding on anything. Take your seat off and make sure these evo is still working when you turn the key on.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,888 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok. Turns out the cables to the exhaust butterfly were definitely on properly. I noticed upon startup, that both the servo and butterfly operate properly, but when giving it throttle, nothing moves. Keep in mind I have minimal gas in the bike, with the light on, so it wasn't exactly up to temperature either. Do you think that can be an issue, or having a gas light on hindering me from the code clearing at all? Help. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,322 Posts
Ok. Turns out the cables to the exhaust butterfly were definitely on properly. I noticed upon startup, that both the servo and butterfly operate properly, but when giving it throttle, nothing moves. Keep in mind I have minimal gas in the bike, with the light on, so it wasn't exactly up to temperature either. Do you think that can be an issue, or having a gas light on hindering me from the code clearing at all? Help. Thanks.
If you have an after market exhaust, the servo is a paper weight. I've purchased from Laggy, he is great to work with.

If you replaced with a stock exhaust... Um... I don't know the conditions under which the servo moves, but someone else may.

Ey3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts