Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up I'm new to this awesome site can't really figure out how to search for what I'm looking for..
Anyways I'm riding a 07 zx6r I just purchased this baby about 5 months ago for $3000 only 6500 miles on it now 9000 ... I'm trying to learn wheelies now. Before you flame me I wear all my gear for this. I cannot seem where to clutch up in second gear it just wants to burn out on a 15mph roll... I might being doing it. Or if its the bike.... I bought the bike straight piped but with cats I don't think that's the problem I'm getting a PCI soon so no worries and its fuel injected... Now back to subject I cannot get that wheel off the ground. And I'm kinda scared to get the rpms to high last thing I wanna do is 12 o'clock my hoe. Haha any tips on these 07 models where y'all clutch up at??? Please lmk thank you said the blind man!:nana:

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
If ur too scared to try it then u prolly shouldnt.

But if u wanna....

Cruising goin about 10mph....
Pull in clutch
Rev up to 10K RPM
Let clutch out quickly but dont drop it.

Dont get hurt!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
And cover the rear brake!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
dont know where you're sitting on the bike but try to sit further back as putting all your weight on the rear wheel (more traction)

stunting forums will get you the best information on wheelies

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not scared just want to where I should begin I'm not looking to be the worlds best wheelie rider in one night just a few inches of the ground would please me till I'm off the ground fashoo

·
Registered
31 Posts
I find that 15 mph was Too slow for 2nd gear wheelies when I do them. I'm usually doing about 25-30 with the rpms around 6-8k.

Personally I roll the throttle and pull clutch at the same time, and keep the throttle open quite a bit as the front end comes up. I was closing the throttle when I was starting and it wasn't very successful lol.

Like someone else mentioned check the stunting forum.. or do what I did and check youtube. Lots of instructional videos on there

Good luck

·
Registered
216 Posts
easiest thing to help with this... -1/+2 sprocket change. also if you can get access to a dirtbike..would be easier to learn on that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
would it be easier to learn standing up with left foot on passenger peg? sorry if its a dumb question I'm still pretty new and haven't tried doing wheelies but seen a lot of clips of riders doing it like that

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Need more threads on how to wheelie

Search function must be broken. I say open more threads on how to perfect this craft. SMH. WTF?:O

·
Super Moderator
13,321 Posts
would it be easier to learn standing up with left foot on passenger peg? sorry if its a dumb question I'm still pretty new and haven't tried doing wheelies but seen a lot of clips of riders doing it like that
That will be "easier" to control, but make sure that you are covering the rear brake.

Here is a quick vid with some basics:
MCN's guide to Wheelies - YouTube

Just remember, if you are learning to stunt, your bike will be on the ground. If you practice this in traffic, you will one day crash in traffic. Parking lots are your friend for this. Don't forget to bring someone with and wear full gear.

Ride safe!

Ey3

·
Registered
78 Posts
Alex is so right guys. We need to save space for his threads about crashing, quitting and not learning to ride correctly then buying new bikes. Priorities here guys. Priorities. Lol

Reactions: Swopesy

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 07 as well start out wheelies in first hear then when you get it down try second gear but you'll need more throttle in 2nd gear than 1st. What I do is start out doing 25 accelerate till you feel your power crank the throttle a little more and clutch it at the same time. I had trouble finding videos how to do wheelies. So your best bet is to go to an empty lot and try first gear wheelies first. They are easier

1 - 15 of 15 Posts