Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok not sure if my clutch needs to be replaced but what is happening is from first to second it will get stuck and I have to jam it into second not all the time here and there then recently to get into first from Neutral it grinned a bit to go in and the last month I feel like I been hearing a noise of clunking switching gears but I can’t be 100% on that because my exhaust and riding is noisy the bike has 33000 on it I bought it at 19000 mi don’t know it’s history but I take care of it and don’t rag it out

·
Registered
14,692 Posts
Lubricate the pivots in the shift linkage, before you try anything else. Simple, cheap, and solves problems before they get worse from hammering away at something.

·
Director of Moderation
7,571 Posts
Nothing to do with clutch. Either shift linkage or the transmission, but most likely related to the shift linkage or other part in the shifting mechanism. Also using some punctuation goes a long way...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Also using some punctuation goes a long way...
I'm impressed you got all the way through that incoherent gibberish. Forums should have an entrance requirement where you have to prove your ability to communicate in full sentences with proper punctuation to participate.

BTW, I agree that it sounds like nothing to do with the clutch.

Mark

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
When I rebuilt my transmission, I got rid of the ball bearing that is used for the Kawasaki positive shift engagement. Means this sort of thing is a thing of the past. There are quite a few weak points in these transmissions. But as others have said, check the slop in the linkage first.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I doubt it is going to be "slop"

I am pretty sure the first place to look is going to be the shifter pivot, it may well look something like this one, all dry, rusty and corroded and not be returning to center!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: Sanctuary

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I always expect you to be the angry guy in the back of a garage...

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I always expect you to be the angry guy in the back of a garage...
Angry no.......... sick and tired of stupid people...........ABSOFUCKINGLOOTELY

• Haha
Reactions: KevA and RJ2112
1 - 8 of 8 Posts