Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
What does the shifter feel like does it feel as if the shifter is engaging the next gear? Does it only happen at higher rpms? The shift lever should feel the same regardless of speed and rpms! Have you tried clutchless upshifting?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The shiftier feels normal. The night I i noticed it,I was at a stop light. My bike would not move forward at all when in gear and releasing the clutch. When I was in 1st gear I was sitting still with the clutch released all the way and the bike wouldn't even cut off.

I had to adjust the clutch cable; loosening the slack all the way in order for the bike to get moving again.

The bike shifts to the next gear but doesn't engage at all (like i'm in neutral). It only happens at high rpms. I haven't tried clutchless upshifting yet.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The shiftier feels normal. The night I i noticed it,I was at a stop light. My bike would not move forward at all when in gear and releasing the clutch. When I was in 1st gear I was sitting still with the clutch released all the way and the bike wouldn't even cut off.

I had to adjust the clutch cable; loosening the slack all the way in order for the bike to get moving.
Broken clutch cable?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The clutch cable is perfect, in fact i replaced it about 2 weeks ago. Its what i initially thought was wrong in the first place on the night it broke.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Could be the disk getting worn and the lever has to release farther to get more friction If I rode it once I would be able to tell you exactly what was wrong!

·
Registered
577 Posts
could be a clutch issue but... bent shift forks, worn dogs on the gears, shift drum issue, internal tranny issue i am guessing. at least if you have an 08 it is a cassette tranny so it is not as bad as splitting the cases on the previous years zx6r (636). ski

·
Registered
586 Posts
The fact that you had to release alot of tension on the clutch cable for the clutch to engage leads me to believe you fried the clutch plates. Higher rpm is also where the clutch will slip if its bad or going bad. I would pull the clutch cover off and check the plates and i can bet they are all burnt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts