Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, well took the wifes 03 zx6r out last weekend and gave it its first good ride since we picked it up in the middle of april this year. unfortunately i experienced some slippage in the higher revs. at around 8-higher rpms it would slip and just rev until i would clutch and let it catch up to itself. well while searching on gixxer.com where i found the bike in the classifieds i found the guy i bought it from replaced the clutch stuff with barnett hardware and he was experiencing slippage back in 2005. well he never mentioned to me that it was slipping, that bothers me a bit but the main thing is want to get this thing straightened out. i know there is a method of slacking the cable and adjusting the lever and what not but if anyone can give me some tips/options on what to do i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
1st thing to do is ajust it according to the manual to make sure it's not taking pressure off the plates.

Then pull the plates out an measure and inspect them. Check the metal ones for colour and warpage too.

On the TL some of the Barnett plates are under minimum spec when brand new and it means the overall pack thickness is too narrow. A new clutch pack will slip.

So I always say, OEM plates, Barnett springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts